Saturday 14 April 2018

TO107 - Spring


Two more cards for the current Time Out Challenge, where the theme is Spring.


This is another card that I started at Tracey's house.  And here's the reason I didn't get it finished - too much laughing! Just kidding - spending time with Kim, Joyce and Tracey was a real treat!



While I was at Tracey's, I started by stamping the girl, masking her umbrella and then I added the boy. I stamped a few clouds and my sentiment. I coloured their faces and hair with Copic markers and then it was time for me to come home.

At home the next day, I sketched in the sidewalk with pencil and then masked the clouds so that I could have the sun peeking through. Then I finished the colouring, including the sidewalk with Copics.

When that was done, I masked everything and blended inks for the sky and ground.

And then I was exhausted and had another cute (but much easier) idea using the same stamps.


I used:

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute, beautifully coloured and wonderfully detailed little scene, Ardyth ... and a crisp, cool and deliciously CAS second card! Looks as though you had a brilliant time up at Tracey's! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so wonderful Ardyth! Love both versions but it's that fab little scene that you created that really made my heart smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first card is absolutely adorable...and I looked at that sidewalk and thought to myself "HOW did she DO that?" and then I read that you had drawn it! You are amazing...your sketched sidewalk is perfect! I LOVED your second card, too, for it clean, sweet design!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect set of cards, loving the umbrella card, love how excellently you've coloured everything, hope, if it's ok with you, to use this as a guide to my colouring. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second card looks more like your usual fare, Ardyth, but the first one is absolutely darling and beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Anita said! =^..^= Your style has certainly evolved since I started following you years ago - that first card is amazing and utterly adorable. Love the 2nd one as well - would not take me all day to do that one... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look all of you had the best day ever... I love getting together with my stamping friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fabulous - I just love the bright Springtime colours! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.