Friday 2 June 2017

Create Together - Birthday Wishes


While we were away together last weekend, Stephanie created 3 panels using Distress Oxide Inks. Marcie, who has a semi-regular 'create together' feature suggested that we all take a panel and make a card with it. Here's mine.

So my biggest 'issue' (not really) with Distress Oxide inks is that once you make a panel, it is so beautiful, but it is full of colour. I like a lot of white on my cards, so I thought I would stamp, emboss and cut out some flowers and leaves from one of my newest purchases. Let me tell you, when it was done, I panicked! Making that big beautiful background smaller was probably a mistake. Stamping in black (rather than white) was probably a mistake. My poor flowers felt a little dark and dismal, so after I started breathing again (no going back - I only had the one panel!!) I thought about how to brighten them up. I felt like they needed a bit more yellow, so I started by blending some yellow distress on my background, and then the rest just fell in place.

Make sure you pop over to Steph and Marcie's blogs to see what they did!

(Steph and) Iused:


3 comments:

  1. Oh I am with you...needs all kinds of white space to make my heart happy! Love your end result Ardyth. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT SAVE!!! The cheerful, bright color is the perfect way to highlight the gorgeous flower! In my opinion, all that 'panic' time was a waste of energy cuz this card is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.