Sunday 18 September 2016

FS502 - Thinking of You


This week's Splitcoaststampers' Featured Stamper is Gail (mamaxsix). She has a large gallery and one of the things I noticed is that she often re-uses stamp images. I love to see how the same supplies can be used over and over again to create completely different projects!

I chose this Mother's Day card as my inspiration:



I was inspired by Gail's:
-flourish element
-inlaid die technique
-layout

I changed:
-colours
-direction of the flourish
-placement of sentiment
-added distress ink techniques

I used:
-Simon Says Stamp Clustered Leaves die
-Distress inks (smooshing)
-Red Gold KGT
-Perfect Pearls Shimmer Mist (Biscotti - see the shimmer in the close up below)
-Hero Arts sentiment





10 comments:

  1. The colours of the flourish element are fantastic - love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gorgeous colour and texture of those leaves, Ardyth! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely. Are the leaves inlaid with the white piece?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 the beautiful, smooshed, misted branch. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card -- love that stem, and that gorgeous shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful textural colour on the leaves Ardyth - love the way you have trimmed all but one leaf, and let it hang over the edge of the base.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this die and how it covers the entire length of the card! No need for anything else other than a sentiment! Gorgeous inking technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ardyth, this is just so lovely! Love the smooshing technique you used on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, Ardyth ... delicious autumn colours ... gorgeous texture, almost velvet-y! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.