Wednesday 22 July 2015

Dino-fun!





Look what I did! I took MFT's Piece of Cake (which I bought mostly for the fantastic, cheeky sentiments) and Stampin' Up's No Bones About It and made these fun cards!

I knew as soon as I saw the No Bones set, with its bones and solid bodies, that I wanted it even though I'm running out of little boys to make dino cards for. But once I paired it with these sentiments, I think they'll work for lots of people!

Awesome - I used the 'spots' that are supposed to be used on the dinos to create my awesomeness in bright colours.

How Old - I used a Laura Bassen technique to create my ground and sky with distress inks and some masking.

The World - I created my earth  by masking off a circle and then sponging with Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire and then adding some Mowed Lawn land formations. I emphasized T-Rex's short arms by including a Poppy Parade heart, coated with clear WoS.

Alone - I double-stamped the dino bones and did something we all did a LONG time ago - tore the sides and sponged with Antique Linen.




18 comments:

  1. These cards really made me laugh! Very clever & so funny.Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new faves of yours, Ardy! Those sediments are so fresh and fun to go with your marvelous sponging skills! These perfect dino designs will appeal to all ages, but especially those of us who are advancing in dino years! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving these Ardyth! I need to read the one about awesomeness when I wake up in the morning full of aches and pains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've ROCKED these stamps, Ardyth!! Cute, cute, cah-ute!!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dino-fun is right, Ardyth. These cards are Dino-mite. Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I just LOVE these cards! ALL of them! But my favorite is the dinosaur from How Old! The look on his face made me laugh out loud! Really beautiful inking and coloring techniques make these CAS cards looks amazing! Beautiful and funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, all of your cards are fabulous Ardyth! I love the dino bones with those sentiments. They pair together perfectly! Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great cards--made me chuckle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, super fun cards :-))Love all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so fabulous and your are as creative as can be! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha ... completely brilliant, Ardyth ... so fun and so funny ... a fantastic collection of 'old bones'!! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love all the dino cards. Funny I think of little boys but with the right sentiments it certainly fits my age group. Charming, charming cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dino -FUN!!!! Great cards - especially #2 - totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Dyno"mite! ....sorry, couldn't resist! These are beyond fun! Perfect for some of the old guys in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to come and check these out. They are brilliant! That's what I love about your style, your ability to mix different products and make it all look like they were designed to be together. My cards with this set will be very stereotypical. 😳

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.