Tuesday 7 July 2015

CASology 154 - Repeat


This week's CASology Cue Card is Repeat.



Have you counted the happy's? There are 18. Sunday was our 18th wedding anniversary so this cue card could not have come at a better time!

I 'looked' (by using Evernote) through my stamps for all my anniversary options and came across this handwritten-looking one from 12 Days Companion Greetings by Essentials by Ellen and (as my friend Bev would say), my brain went 'ping'! Actually, my original plan was to have the 18 happy's down the side of the card (which is why this is not a square!) but it quickly became apparent that that idea was not going to work. But 18 is one of those nice numbers that divides, and 6 happy's fit very nicely on 3 rows.

I kept the card tall, to ensure that I had ample white space around the focal area, which is about one-third of the card. I finished with a heart from another Essentials by Ellen set (Love you So) stamped in Classic Cherry Ranger Dye ink.

I'm also linking up to Virginia's View 100% Stamped challenge.

Now, do you want to hear a funny story about the card Michael bought me? Actually, I think this is one of those situations where a couple of photos tell the story all on their own!

Imagine my surprise when I first turned it over to open it:


Right? I was laughing so hard! Here's what it actually said:


Now, it's your turn! Be sure to get more inspiration from the rest of the design team!


20 comments:

  1. awesome card and your husband's is sweet but the first pic was hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hubby's card for you. It's Ardyth style in both "style" and a clean, fun message! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous repeating card, and your hubby's card is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth I laughed out loud so hard and even harder because I have met Michael and know that would be the last thing on earth he would buy!!! Love your anniversary card, so brilliant. Happy 18th Anniverary to you and Michael! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing Tracey. :) from the couple of times I met him, I didn't see it. 🙈 but gave me a laugh none the less.

      Delete
  5. I am sitting here with a big smile on my face... I am sure you were relieved when you removed the card from the envelope and find a loving message inside!
    As for your card: Clever. Awesome. Like only you can do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! When you say you use Evernote to look through your stamps what do you do ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card for your husband! Happy Anniversary to you both and thanks for the giggle!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary. What a sweet and thoughtful anniversary card you made. My first thought was--hey, is this Ardyth's blog, because that is not a square card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated 18th Anniversary, Ardyth! Looks to me that you two are meant for each other...because the colors and design of both cards are in the same CAS category! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “100% Stamped” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your anniversary card Ardyth! Happy Anniversary too by the way! I had to laugh at your hubby's card, at first when it was in the envie, I just saw the "ck U", of course I knew there was more to it than that! lol And then I looked at the next picture. OMGosh, how fun that he picked a CAS card for you?! I think the man knows his wife! lol I love the sentiment on his card to you Adryth, it is just the sweetest. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waaahaahaa, that pic is priceless!! Happy Anniversary to you both :) Because you said there were 18, I had to count them. OCD -not me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the Queen of white space. :) love this... Hoping to play along. 😝

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever card design - as usual!! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card story! Now as long as you two don't start dressing alike, all will be well! He sure knew which card would make your heart smile!

    Love all the 'happy's'. I bet you were holding your breath when you stamped the last two images!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't get over how perfect you got those 18 'happy's'. And as for your hubbie's card. Laughed a little too hard! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear! Now that's one of those times when you really need....the rest of the story! :) I am glad after 18 years he still PICKS you! :)

    Your card to him is so fun with the 18 Happys! Congrats and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always do such perfect stamping, Ardyth. It's interesting that the card you made and the one Michael bought are just your style.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michael chose the perfect card for you, Ardyth ... crisp, clean, and so stylish (though maybe this is one time when it might have been good to have it in the envelope the other way around?!) Your card for Michael is just perfect ... worth repeating ... crisp, clean and so stylish! A happy couple! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.