Sunday 8 February 2015

Crafting in the Snow!


I hosted a crafty party yesterday. Tracey McNeely, Emily Leiphart and Natasha Kara came over for a playdate and oh, man was it FUN!

We did this once last summer, at Natasha's. We spent most of the time chatting, laughing and eating, with a little bit of crafting thrown in (mostly mad die-cutting of each other's dies that we didn't have) and we vowed that this time, we would be more productive! All week, we've been madly messaging requests to bring certain stamp sets, or dies, or supplies that each other had so we could all try something new.

We used the room next to my craft room, to set up our work table. This room used to be our guest room, but recently we decided (since we're very inhospitable and almost never have guests! lol!) to swap the guest room into the basement, and use this beautifully bright, sunny room as Kate's American Girl 'apartment'. Its proximity to my craft room was perfect - we were busy going back and forth all afternoon. Here's the set up:



We each brought something for everyone to work on. My project was blending of distress inks, at Tracey's request. 

Emily brought embossing paste and I was so thrilled to see how easy and fun it was!


Natasha brought some colour-spray thingies. I over-sprayed my first attempt, and ended up trying another. Remarkably, once they dried they were both beautiful!


Natasha also showed us this technique that Dawn demonstrated in a video the other day. We learned that it didn't work with Simon's Doll Pink ink, but Tracey got stunning results with some other colours!

Tracey and Emily both also brought pre-cut card-kits, which we kept to open later - I don't think anyone completed a project, but I'm sure you'll see the results of our work over the next little while!

And it wouldn't be an Ardyth-Tracey get together without a little adventure (remember when we went to Virginia's and it took us over 3 hours to complete a one hour trip?!). It was snowy and the cars needed brushing off. Tracey started her car and then locked her keys inside. Fortunately she has roadside assistance, so within an hour, she was on her way safely home - all's well that ends well!

21 comments:

  1. How exciting! It's like the Lake House only at home!! Sounds like you all had a great crafting day. Very cool. New techniques...very, very cool. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had fun. And i love to have "paries" like this. It gives so much energi and inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine a lot of chatting is inevitable if your contact is mainly based on online/e-mail conversations. It must be so inspiring to actually get together and do some crafting as well. Being on an island in the Mediterranean, I can only dream of encounters like that. A few days, I finally met my new (English) neighbour. They left for the UK shortly after we moved here early November. She happens to be a card maker, but she's into decoupage. But maybe I can introduce her to stamping haha. Guess I'll have to wait until April, when they come back from yet another visit to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow. What an amazing little group you guys are, and I am green with envy about your get together. LOL. What a fun time you had, and I am still hopeful that I will be able to join in one of these days. Or host my own--note to group: San Diego was 70 degrees yesterday with little to no snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh...what fun it looks like you all had. And to quote Joyce, I too am very green with envy and would love to make a trip that way to play. Love that you all brought different things to play with and Ardyth, I would love it if you would do a video on blending the distress inks, you are so amazing at it. What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Ardyth, I am so glad you got a photo of the set up. It was perfect! Next time though we need to do a sleepover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a ton of fun! I'm so jealous that no other person in their right mind would live in North Dakota, so I don't get to meet all these cool bloggers! Can't wait to see your creations using your new techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your day sounds perfect...nothing like spending time together with awesome crafty friends! Would love to meet all of you IRL and join you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun, Ardyth ... these fab photo's put me so much in mind of the Lake House! Cool idea to share techniques ... go you, using EP (so beautifully!)! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know first-hand just how much fun you girls had, and I'm so thrilled that you got to spend this time together crafting and having fun! The photos are fantastic!! (And OMG, what a great apartment for Kate's doll!!) I can't wait to see all your creations as you finish them!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure sounds like y'all had way too much fun! ;) Some great pics, too! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't think of a better way to spend the day than getting together with friends, sharing techniques and supplies. I'm looking forward to seeing embossing paste showing up on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, you lucky girls! Looks like you had a blast! I figure that the 'crafting time' is really just the enabler for some fun time spent with crafting buddies!

    Roadside assistance rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! I enjoyed reading this and looking at the pics! Thank you for sharing your fun crafty day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a very fun day was had by all!!! So happy you all get together for some crafty time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun and exciting Ardyth! Looks like you ladies had lots of fun and even got to try out new techniques, which is always fun to do!! Glad you ladies enjoyed yourselves!!! Yep, we have a cousin who is always locking her keys in the car too. lol She had roadside assistance too, thank goodness for them! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun! Always great to craft together and learn something new! Can I join you next time? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! Embossing paste and colour spray thingies - can't wait to see Ardyth versions :) Looks like you had a fun afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post!!!! I so wish I lived closer to the border!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a wonderful time! Also looks very white outside! So nice that you were able to get together and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a fun way to catch up and share ideas and techniques. So jealous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.