Thursday 31 October 2013

Trick or Treat!

It's time! We're all ready and I promised I would show you how we dressed up our candy.

This process has to be quick, easy and inexpensive. We started by using the Silhouette to cut ovals from cheap thin white cardstock and scoring them. Then we stamped eyes and a mouth (using Paper Smooches Shadows set - notice that the eyes are slightly different sizes - I put all 3 ovals on one block, so that I only had to stamp each ghost once). Kate stamped the Hero Arts sentiment in orange and then we glued the back to the front, around the full-size nut-free candy bar.






Here they are all ready to go. I hand out full-size candy bars only because it helps me keep count (yes, I'm one of those people!) I have little ones as my back up stash in case we get more people than we expect.


Here's Kate and our little friend Trinity, ready to head out into the rainy, windy but unseasonably warm night!

I hope you all have a fun time - stay safe!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you made a lot! Like the quick to make idea! Hope you had fun... Greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full sized chocolate bars, Ardyth? Bet you always get more people than you expect with those ... nothing left to eat afterwards then?! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick, easy and absolutely adorable! Love their costumes! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great candy wrappings! I'll bet it was fun to work alongside Kate. And she sure looks like she's ready to go and get the candy stash! Hope you all had fun. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. FULL-sized? I'M trick or treating at YOUR house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I'm a counter too! Love your idea (which I am soooo going to use next year).

    Full Size Bars....cha-ching for the treat collectors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is your address? I will be trick or treating at your house next year! Fabulous treats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, way to rock the Halloween spirit! You may not do Halloween cards, but you sure do the treats!!! Love that Kate helped stamp. What a cool costume too!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.