Monday 1 July 2013

A Blog Named Hero - Playing Favourites!


Starting today, there's a new challenge up at A Blog Named Hero! The challenge is to use your favourite Hero Arts stamp.


 The challenge for me was to pick my favourite Hero Arts stamp. Some of the first stamps I ever bought were Hero Arts and they are still in my collection.  And I've bought puh-lenty since then! One of my more recent favourites is this open flower. I love the simple design that can be used simply on its own, or like this, with a layer (or you could layer it even more!)

I embossed it with my sentiment in magenta on my white panel, and then again on the 6x6 version of the Picnic Table DP from Basic Grey's Lemonade collection. I matted it on the 12x12 version of the same DP, to take advantage of the two different scales. Finally, for the centre, a nice, big colour-coordinating gem for sparkle and shine!

My supplies:





15 comments:

  1. Fab card, and I love how you did the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picking a favorite HA stamp would indeed be a hard job!! I love your choice and your presentation, Ardy!! Happy Canada Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seldom use that flower stamp. Thanks for the inspiration, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink, love the bling, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Hand Drawn Flower - one of my faves too, Ardyth. The plaid is so playful and I love the pretty pink! Darling card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card...love that paper piecing. That gingham background paper is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Ardyth - love that you used to sizes of the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ardyth, your card is so very lovely and clever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love that dreamy gingham and brilliant idea to use different scales of the same paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed this one, love the focal pattern paper flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant colours, Ardyth, love how you've used the different scales of DP for the flower and background ... and that bling is simply awesome! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! Great stamp and I really like the look of using the same plaid print in two different scales. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait, what?!? You're using DP again?! Well alrighty then! Love the center : )

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.