Wednesday 7 November 2012

LIM92 - Pink




This card is for this week's Simply Less is More challenge, to use pink.

My plan was to cut the Memory Box flower out of my basic grey panel, then cut one out in white, glue the white 'outline' into the negative space in the grey panel and then colour the white petals with Copics and attach them at the centre, with the ends rolled a little, for dimension.

It all went well until, alas, my first two colouring attempts were not at all pleasing. NOT. AT. ALL.

I changed my technique (actually, I mostly changed the colour I was using) and continued colouring and then just placed the petals I had onto the card to see how the shaded petals looked against the grey. I found it to be very striking and thought, why make more?

So this card is really the result of one of those happy accidents that happen when something you didn't plan takes you in a slightly different design direction. Of course I've had plenty of 'unhappy' accidents that took me to a place I didn't want to be! But isn't it nice that sometimes these things work out even better than you'd planned?

Today's One Layer Wednesday challenge is being hosted by the Queen of OLW herself, Susan, at Simplicity - go over and check it out! My card for this week's challenge will be here tomorrow! We'd love to have you play along!

16 comments:

  1. Ardyth, this was a VERY happy accident! And you made me laugh in your telling of the story of it's creation. :-) This card really, really appeals to me. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to love happy accidents. The pink pops off the gray. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your happy accident produced a gorgeous and yummy card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy accident! I'm loving grey cardstock at the minute it has a subtle sophistication and the pop of pink petals goes with it splendidly.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I am glad you didn't gave up on it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for times when things worked out better than you planned!! This card is so striking, Ardyth. It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ardyth ... I love happy accidents like this one ... striking and gorgeous, the the dimension on the curled petals is inspirational! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny how some things work out and this worked out stunningly!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a brilliant accident, Ardyth! I love it to pieces!

    (And no you goofball, we don't vote because we get stickers! That cracked me up.)

    I just have to say as I'm typing this the comment popup is right above your slice of sparkly orange and my mouth is watering!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Serendipity! I just love those happy accident and your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in love with this, I can't even say. The colors are PER-FECT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great happy accident, Ardyth! Love the deep pink on those petals, it goes so well with the white and grey.

    (My LIM petals were cut out and stuck straight onto the card. I'll update my post - funny how we sometimes think we've described things completely and accurately, then miss out an important bit!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful color combo and I think it's the perfect amount of petals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite thing about that happy accident is the way you got the white outline around the petal cut-outs of the grey panel. I've read your description over and over and still can't see how that happened. Am I super-dumb or did you just draw the outline with a white pen?

    Super card!

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those happy accidents! :) And this one is a super happy one. The curled up petals are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it! Very beautiful and simple.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.