Thursday 18 October 2012

Hope You Can Cling To - Vital Signs



October is Hope You Can Cling To (HYCCT) month at Splitcoaststampers. Each day in the month, there is a challenge and all the cards for that challenge will be sent to a Cancer Centre in Texas, for use by patients and their families. See all the details HERE. See all the amazing cards made so far this month HERE.

Today, it is my turn to host the daily challenge, and my challenge is Vital Signs. You know all those irritating (but so important) little procedures doctors and nurses do to you over and over ? They check your PULSE, your TEMPERATURE, your BLOOD PRESSURE and your BREATHING. My challenge is to be inspired by one (or more) of these and make a card.

My card is inspired by temperature (warm) and pulse (heart). It was made using my Cricut (have not caved to the Cameo conspiracy yet!) and a Hero Arts sentiment.

I'd love it if you come on over and play along!

17 comments:

  1. OMG..OMG this is pretty gorgeous.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your inspiration! Hate how just the mention of those things makes one's blood pressure rise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so unique. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Ardyth, love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely, Ardyth! So uplifting! I wish I had time to participate in these challenges. Maybe another year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used a Cricut. It's a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ardyth! What a great charity! Thanks so much for letting us know about it! LOVE your card, and love that you used your Cricut. You've proved that the Cricut can be just as cool as the sexy Cameo! : ) The yellow layer peeking out from the margins is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly matching image and sentiment! I love the glittery red heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Cameo conspiracy, HA!)
    This is a perfect card! I like how it riffs on temperature and pulse, and will also be a great card for a patient or family member to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great 'connection' to vital signs! This will definitely warm up someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vital signs! You are the best little thinker, Ardyth! I wish I weren't working so I had more time to play and I wish I had a Cricut. This card with that cutout sun and little heart - so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cart Ardyth - LOL about the Cameo conspiracy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura B totally stole my comment!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.