Monday 6 August 2012

Pinterest Inspired


After a week of a lot of challenges, I'm ready for a Pinterest-inspired day. Quite often, Pinterest photos that are in no way clean and simple, still  inspire me. One way to 'CAS-ify' designs like these is to eliminate repetition and focus on one element.

This card was inspired by this photo, which is on my Inspiration board:


bottle caps <3

I love the colours and the arrangement of the bottlecaps in the bottom of this tray. I decided to make it CAS by only using a set of 7 bottlecaps. I used Cool Caribbean, Pure Poppy, Lucky Limeade and Whisper White. I stamped The Stamps of Life sentiment using Island Indigo ink. Stickles (surprise!) for sparkle and contrast between the white circles and the background.



This one is inspired by this photo, which is also on my Inspiration Board on Pinterest:

Cute Flower Cake


For this card, I was really attracted to all the bright colours, but I focused on the white flower with the pink and yellow centre. I used Papertrey dies for the flowers and the leaf, a circle punch for the centre and a nestability for the turquoise background. Papertrey sentiment.

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous, Ardyth! I love watching your Pinterest boards and wondering where they will show up in your cards. :-) And then I love seeing the end products, because they are always something special and always CAS beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog, just had a look through your creations Ardyth, you are artistic in your own way lol. Have now joined you as a new member and hope you will pop over and say Hi to me too...luv aussie annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog, just had a look through your creations Ardyth, you are artistic in your own way lol. Have now joined you as a new member and hope you will pop over and say Hi to me too...luv aussie annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blog, just had a look through your creations Ardyth, you are artistic in your own way lol. Have now joined you as a new member and hope you will pop over and say Hi to me too...luv aussie annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had a whizz through your pinboard - strikingly CAS!! Love how you've taken a small element of each inspiration photo for your cards. (I wouldn't have been able to focus on just one element from that cake!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have the brightest, happiest cards in the blogosphere. I love seeing how people work from inspiration photos. Yours are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both cards, but the second is my favourite. The colours are gorgeous, and it is all so crisp and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a long hate affair with aqua and red together, but you made it gorgeous on that first card. And what a gift we get, access to your Pinterest Board. That's so YOU, it's just amazing.

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love both cards but I have to say, the first is my fav!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.