Tuesday 28 August 2012

CASology8 - Relax!



This week's CASology Cue Card is Relax!

It may surprise you (or not!) to know that I am one of those people who does not react well (at all) when I am told to "relax". Especially if the person telling me is my husband! lol! Don't worry, he knows better now!

I don't know if sailing is relaxing, in fact, it looks like pretty hard work to me, but I associate this card with 'relax' for two reasons:

1) all the white space and the cool calming colours, achieved with Copics;

2) I love Pierce Brosnan. And one of my favourite PB movies is "The Thomas Crown Affair", where Dennis Leary comments to Renee Russo that Thomas Crown "just trashed a hundred-thousand dollar boat because he wanted to feel the rush" (or something to that effect). I am always relaxed when I'm watching a movie with Pierce - Thomas Crown, James Bond, or After the Sunset are my favourites!

So now it's your turn to get all zen-like and make a Relaxing card.

Don't forget to check out the other members of the Design Team:




16 comments:

  1. Love the way you have done the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sailing IS relaxing but mostly because my husband does the work, with the kids as first mates, and I get to soak up the sun!! You've captured the peaceful feeling beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardyth, I was going to say just what Karen said! Awesome water. I can feel the movement. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I dunno, that sea looks a bit choppy to me (anything other than millpond-flat is choppy!). PB could have the desired calming effect, though!

    I like the telescope effect of the frame and the cool colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautifully executed and colored card, Ardyth! The framed circle is perfect with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aahh... your lovely scene is so relaxing ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take me away Ardyth. Your sailboat in perfect for this week's cue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, you just reminded me of that fabulous scene with Pierce... sigh ;)
    Love that movie too.. the soundtrack is in my car. We'll have to catch the new James Bond movie when you're next in town.
    xoxo
    Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. Great image - love the colors. I can almost hear the seagulls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the negative die cut with the sailboat in the background ~ great coloring ~ and yes, it does look relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Ardyth, this is a lovely card. I would love to be sailing in the beautiful open sea :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very relaxing card. The soft colours are perfect and I love the shading on the sail. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card! I love sailing/ boating. I find it relaxing because whoever I have gone with does all the work while I just sit back, or lay back,and enjoy. Ahhhhhh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you framed this - it's like looking through a ship's porthole. So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ardyth, just looking at this water calms me..what a great job. I wouldn't mind being there irl..right now! Beautiful card.

    BTW, I am a Pierce Brosnan fan, also. :-)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.