Saturday 12 May 2012

Technique Week

I've branched out this week and tried some new techniques. The first one was in this post and required all sorts of embossing powder AND sponging.

Then I saw a video about a technique called Spreading Ink. You're supposed to emboss in white on glossy white cardstock, fill the areas with water and then dab ink and watch it spread magically, resulting in beautifully blended and unique images. Didn't work for me. But I did use my reinkers and one of the images (no water) and got this:


It's quite pretty in real life because it's still glossy. Also, I used my new grosgrain embossing plate on the black panel and it really looks like ribbon. If you click and enlarge the photo, you may get a hint of it, but it really didn't photograph well at all.


My next technique was to use sticky strip and glitter, but with a twist. Before I put the glitter on the sticky strip(s), I placed a diecut border (Memory Box Pepita border). I made two card with this technique, using Glitter Ritz ultrafine glitter.


This one uses a Papertrey sentiment.




This one uses a wonderful Christmas reminder sentiment from Stampendous and I think it will be my May Church Christmas card.

3 comments:

  1. Love those glittery borders, especially with the die cut on them! M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for trying some new techniques. I know I get too comfortable in the ones I already know. I think your glossy flower on the black looking ribbon turned out nice. I also like how your glitter strips turned out. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to get braver about trying new techniques. Your inked flower is stunning and I love the dots around it. The border you added to your glitter strips really gives them a classy touch!

    ReplyDelete