Saturday 12 May 2012

Hard to Find

Inspiration was certainly not Hard to Find at this week's site for the Inspiration Challenge.



I used My Stamp Box Rough Copy alphabet and a small star stamp.Copics and stickles (gotta get some shine!)




For this one, I focused on how the sharks fit together (isn't that cool?). This Papertrey sentiment fits into itself quite well,  but I also wanted a pop of colour so I stamped the orange one first and then worked out from there.





Finally, you know how I love a great rainbow. I used a clear stamp from The Stamps of Life that is a line of circles and curved it to make the rainbow. I really wanted some texture on this card, and my initial idea was to use pipe cleaners but I thought it would probably end up looking like Grade one art, or a bunch of colourful dead caterpillars.  I opted for crystal effects to create 'beads' of texture on each coloured circle instead. The sentiment is from LawnFawn.



5 comments:

  1. WOW I love that rainbow card! M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me Too! Stamps of Life must have retired the line of circles, however, which is God's punishment of me for planning to copy that rainbow.
    Brilliant idea again, Ardyth. You do such a good job of making seemingly-simple elements stunning.

    Thanks,
    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahb - I don't know if you check back here, but this stamp is still available at Stamps of Life - Borders 4 Me. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you find inspiration everywhere you look!! These are all fabulous but I especially like the dimension you create on the third one with the crystal effects. (And I'm always a sucker for a rainbow!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you hear me squealing? I so love this rainbow. I so love it. Frameable art! Wow Ardyth. You so rock.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.