Sunday 24 December 2017

FS568 - Happy Birthday


Congratulations to this week's Featured Stamper, Heidi (aka howdyheidi)! I chose this beautifully CAS Christmas card as my inspiration:


I focused on Heidi's:
-layout
-use of a technique for main image

I changed:
-the actual technique/medium used
-added a layer
-moved the sentiment off of the focal image

I created my icing with Alcohol Inks and Yupo paper. I am still getting the hang of these things and still do not have Blending Solution or metallic mixatives, but I have been watching some videos and this time added Copic Blending Solution to the inks and moved them with my heat gun. I made a full 5x7 sheet and was able to choose a pretty part to cut my cupcake icing from, and I still have lots left for other projects.

For the cupcake base, I simply die cut it and then blended a couple of brown distress inks on the sides to create the look of dimension.





I used:


4 comments:

  1. The color combo is stunning ... some of my favorite colors. You picked the perfect part from your ink blending for the frosting. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frosting looks just like a food colored frosting spread with a palette knife. Very cool. Love the simplicity of the card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty Ardyth - the ice cream looks so real! Love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you use your heat gun with the alcohol inks... am going to give that a try! I so love being on vacation and getting to read everyone's blogs thoroughly (and watch all the videos!) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.