Tuesday 16 May 2017

TYIC71 - Hello Friend


My friend Lindsey is the Guest at this month's Tag You're It Challenge. Here's her inspiration tag:




I focused on Lindsey's:
-red flowers
-hello sentiment

I used a new die set from A Jillian Vance Design. It has a bookmark die, a tag die, a label die and a tassel-maker template die. Yes! I made that tassel with some embroidery thread and the template! (there's a how-to video at the AJVD shop).

I shortened the bookmark to make a tag to fit the front of my card. I did this by cutting a full-sized bookmark and then replacing my bookmark in the die, but with the end of the die closer to the top. I only ran through the very end of the die through my Big Shot - this made sure that my tag has the same scalloped corners that the bookmark has!

I stamped the sentiment first, in Versafine Onyx, and embossed it with clear ep. I then stamped the flowers in Memento (using my MISTI) before colouring with Copics (it's not good for your Copics to colour embossed images). When I was finished, I popped the tag back into my MISTI and restamped it with Versafine and embossed it to match the sentiment. The colours of my flowers were pretty intense, so I lightened it up a bit by adding some dots with a white gel pen.

To emphasize the pretty scalloped edges, I used a black gel pen to create little dots.

I used:

-A Jillian Vance Design Minnie Pearl Bookmark Die
-A Jillian Vance Design Well with my Soul
-A Jillian Vance Design Pretty Posies



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Ardyth! Hope to see these stamps at our retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous vibrant colors. Love how you shaded the tips to what looks like a light yellow-ish color. CLEVER way to 'shorten' the tag - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers, awesome bookmark-into-tag die, and thank you for suggesting how I can now heat-emboss ALL THE IMAGES. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What eye candy this is Ardyth - love the crisp clean and bright colours against the white background, which seem all the more intense against the muted card colour.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been without internet for over a week (can you believe!), so I'm just coming around now to say what a gorgeous tag you created! That is some tricky work to get those scallops lined right on the Big Shot - well done! So many great details with the gel pens, embossing, and that great tassel! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be-U-T- Ful!!! Love your white accented flowers. Adore that die (must have that one!) and gorgeous, gorgeous tassel!!! So glad you played along at TYI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty take on the tag challenge love those subtle flowers. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful beautiful Ardyth! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.