Thursday, 25 May 2017

Muse 217 - Sunshine


Here's my card for this week's Muse challenge, where we are inspired by our newest DT Member, Kim and her fun pop-up box full of happy critters!


I focused on Kim's:
-use of animals
-bright colours
-'warm' outdoor scene
-plaid

I started by stamping, embossing and watercolouring my bear, sun, flowers and flower pot on watercolour cardstock. I used my Prima Marketing Confections - they are compact and easy to carry around and they are so fun to use.

I created the background panel with the same watercolours and a wider brush, just giving the paper a light wash of blue and green. I then spritzed water on it to create some interest.

I used:

8 comments:

Geri said...

Cuteness factor is off the charts with this sweet creation! The bear is delightful. Beautiful background and FABULOUS pop of yellow & white gingham!

Maxine D said...

Super cute Ardyth - love that bear and his flowers :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Lucille K said...

Your card is so adorable Ardyth. I just love the sentiment :)

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute! Love the bear with his posies and the gingham border!!

Julia Aston said...

I love your little bear holding his sweet vase of flowers!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful watercoloring and I love the sentiment you chose for this card! Adorable take on Kim's Muse card, Ardyth!

Bobby said...

I love this set and your coloring of it and all the details are fantastic, Ardyth.

Robyn Oliver said...

Super cute card Ardyth, love that sentiment