Monday 26 September 2016

IB25 - Same Flower, Different Colour


I hope you're not in peony-overload! I spent a bit more time with it this weekend and used distress inks and a waterbrush to make 3 more same-but-different cards. This time I tried fall colours for this week's Inspired by All the Little Things Challenge:




For the first one, I layered up my flower, starting with yellow, then two tones of orange before finishing off with some orange-red.


This time I tried to unleash my inner Kimberly and stamped in black and then used a loose, bold watercolour style. I love the vivid colours.


Finally, I took a more classic approach, painting each petal, and allowing each layer to dry naturally.

I used:
-Ellen Hutson Mondo Peony
-Distress inks


ETA: Bonnie chose the top card as a Stand Out!

17 comments:

  1. Your artistry is amazing, Ardyth - each is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I get stuck on coloring an image a certain way - so great to see it differently all at once. Love the top one the most though! It just seems to radiate warmth somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would not want to have to pick a favorite from these three beauties..cuz they are all stunning! Gorgeous bold, fall colors and awesome watercolor technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercoloring - love all three samples, although my favorite is the first one with the yellow glow behind the flower. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three variations are lovely!..The black outlined with loose coloring is my favorite. So glad to see you playing at Inspired By All the Little Things:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't pick between them, they're all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so gorgeous in their own way! Beautiful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Ardyth! I like the warm sunny colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are turning into an expert painter and I could use some lessons! You've make your peonies sing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...You're such a great artist Ardyth!!!
    This watercolored flower collection is stunning!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is that GORGEOUS peony again...and no, I never tire of seeing it! Love seeing your painting variations...they all look great! Thanks for playing along with us at Inspired By...All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW lovely watercolouring -stunning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ardyth you are on a roll this week with the Mondo Peony, so many gorgeous watercoloured creations. Thank you for sharing with us at Inspired By All the Little Things this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful peck of flowers! My fave? The first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A trio of awesomeness! I love them all but am especially drawn to the first and second.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love ALL of these cards. Great job channelling the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us at Inspired by All the Little Things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning! Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.