Thursday 29 September 2016

CYCI139 - Rainbow Birthday


A last-minute entry for the current Can You Case It Rainbow challenge. How could I resist - I love using rainbow colours!

I saw Yana colour her flowers using a dot stamp recently and I think it's a fun way to add a modern graphic feel to these bold flowers from Stampin' Up (Sunshine Sayings).

Instead of stamping, I used a 1" circle punch to create a mask and sponged 2 shades of distress ink on each flower.

I finished with a Stampin' Up (Age Awareness) sentiment and some sequins.

12 comments:

  1. New #1 Fav!!! The beautifully shaded spots of color behind the flowers is so cool! Definitely a fun, graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Geri - definitely a new fave! Love the inked circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS! Oh... how I love your beautiful rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this ... I'm in for rainbow colours. Great idea to use a stencil circle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! I absolutely love this! Such a happy card. Thank you for joining us at CYCI.---Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity but colorful look of your card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Can You Case It? -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Lovin' that rainbow inking, but to have those big circles make the flowers pop? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful! Love the use of the dots for splashes of color! Thanks for joining us this week at CYCI! ~ Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright, happy and so FUN Ardyth!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful rainbow card Arydth.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome technique - I love the rainbow effect!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.