Sunday 29 May 2016

MCV46 - Merry Christmas


I love the bold graphic style of the inspiration that Steph, our Guest Muse at MCV has given us:




I am fascinated by how her green panel seems to glow (perfectly appropriate for a 'Shine Bright' card). I guessed which colours she used (and got it wrong! lol!) and tried to get a similar look by sponging the lighter colour in the centre and then the darker one around the edges.

I wanted a bit more red, so I masked and sponged a couple of lines that helped set up my diagonal layout.

I focused on Steph's:
-colours
-technique (green sponged panel)
-use of black silhouette and sentiment
-white border
-of course, the Steph 'signature' - a Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequin with Silver Stickles in the centre.

I used:
-Gina K Mistletoe Memories (retired?)
-MFT Christmas Tree
-Festive Berries, Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn distress inks
- MFT Pierced Square die

11 comments:

  1. Maybe the wrong colours but you still captured the glow. Love the stripes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation, and your color blending is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jen, you still got the glow! Too bad I'm on a Christmas card (oh wait, I haven't made ANYTHING lately...) break, because yours and Steph's cards are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly got it - the bold graphic and the touch of red - those diagonal stripes add some dynamic to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already loved the bold and graphic look of Stephanie's card, but you took it even a step further. Love it!
    Happy belated birthday, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a stunner Ardyth - so bright and bold.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this! Yep - totally bold and graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Xmas card ! I come from Anita's blog and I read what she wrote about your wonderful cards, so I was curious to see.....she was right, your cards are awesome ! Thanks for the inspiration and before leaving...VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic design and great use of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool and graphic, Ardyth ... with a fabulous glow! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.