Thursday 4 February 2016

Muse 151 - Smile



Oh I had grand plans for Wednesday. It was too rainy to walk, so I planned pretty much the full day at home with nothing to do but make cards. (well, there's always other stuff to do, but you know what I mean!)

I started with Muse 151, where Michele has given us a pretty card and a fun song-based challenge:



I focused on Michele's colours and chose a Bowie song*. I pulled out one of my all-time favourite stamps (Both End Blossoms by Stampin' Up) and got started.

I wanted to participate in #thedailymarker30daychallenge as well so I decided to try the negative space colouring technique that Jennifer McGuire showed us the other day. (She always makes it look sooooo easy, doesn't she? lol!)

I had trouble stamping, then embossing, then masking, then sponging (repeat, repeat, repeat). I ended up with this:



In the end, I managed to salvage one, cut it into a strip using one edge of a pierced rectangle die on each side of my panel.

I finished it off with a Concord & 9th sentiment. And then had trouble folding the card without cracking it, and photographing it.

*The Bowie song is "Oh You Pretty Things".  Interestingly, he wrote another one more recently called "The Pretty Things are Going to Hell".  Maybe that one was more appropriate for this poor little card! lol!

23 comments:

  1. all that work, but it came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those tulips, glad they've popped up again! Jennifer really does make everthing look so easy doesn't she?! But you've done an awesome job here, love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely well worth the time and HUGE effort that you put into this creation....gorgeous! REALLY admire your perseverance and the beautiful ink blended panel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I adore this card... I've realized some cards come together like milk and cookies, while others come together like oil and vinegar (you just gotta shake at the exact right moment)! You're one tough cookie to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love how you make that old stamp set look new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your coloring Ardyth, the pink and red combo looks great together, you have done justice to the technique, and the result is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah -so CAS can sometimes be difficult (don't I know it!!) - you make the finished products look so wonderful Ardyth, I am sure the fight is worth it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are hilarious!!
    I always think your cards are MAGICAL, and they just show up perfect every time!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    marty ferraro😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you had one of *those* days, but at least you salvaged this bright and beautiful panel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may have had trouble but this ending up a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made the most beautiful card in the end, Ardyth!!!! Love those sweet little flowers!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not familiar with either song, but somehow knew you'd go for Bowie, Ardyth. So pretty!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now, Ardyth, this card sure is a pretty thing - as much as it drove her mother insane. As I already told you on Instagram I can't see any fault in this card, but now that I know what inspired you I also know why it drove you crazy. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you stuck with it, Ardyth, because this card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The persistence paid off - a beauty. I love this technique too. I did 2 negative coloured cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had me laughing with your last paragraph! Mama said there would be days like this!
    Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I love the card, awesome inspirational song (have not heard the second) and I am so happy that you did not chuck everything!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why does it not surprise me that you used a Bowie song for your card this week Ardyth??:) but what a beauty it is and worth all the effort! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so much fun! I am listening to all those songs right now! And a really beautiful card to accompany it! Didn't know your song, now I do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You just had me smiling, Ardyth ... I have piles of unusables like this at the moment too ... good to feel I'm not alone!! Your final card is just lovely ... tenaciousness wins out! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pile looks like my homework last week! Your card is super striking. I love your graphic and colorful cards, always very impact making.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you persevered as this card is gorgeous. Love that technique and 'you' made it looks easy too x Even though I know it wasn't x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.