Friday 6 November 2015

Happy Birthday, Lynn!


Saturday is Lynn's birthday. Lynn has a big job and a big family and as a result, she must have very little spare time. And yet she still uses her big talent to inspire and her big heart to encourage and support other crafters - she amazes me!


I started out CASing this card of Lynn's.



I love the layered flower and the clean simplicity of Lynn's card. And as I was working on my card, I remembered that I really admire a technique that Lynn often incorporates into her designs - she stamps tone on tone on die cuts.

I used Paper Smooches Botanicals 3 and matching dies to create my cut and stamped flower. For the layer underneath, I used the smallest of the Big Bloom dies. My sentiment is from Birthday Bash. My dp is from MFT and I used an MFT Pierced Square for my white panel. My flower centre is a sparkly Doodlebug enamel dot.

Happy Birthday, Lynn! Wishing you a wonderful day and an amazing year!

(on another note, I'm spending the weekend with my sister in Virginia. I've got cards posted, but my commenting will be very limited until Wednesday).

I'm also linking up to the Paper Smooches December Guest Designer Search.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you Ardyth....this card is 100% me...I so appreciate your kind words. You are at absolute gem. Have a wonderful time with your sister! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, darling card, Ardyth ... for an equally darling friend! Happy birthday, Lynn!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so beautiful, Ardyth!!!! Love the fabulous flower and the B&W frame!!!! I really admire your CAS talent!!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're having a lovely visit with dear sister! Fabulous tone-on-tone stamping...subtle but very effective! The stripes really work with the PS sentiment and the kinda/sorta folk-art-ish flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect CASE of Lynn's card and style, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pop of colour, it just jumps at ya! Enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're enjoying your time with your sister! And I see that Lynn loved this beauty; it's a great CASE of her card, btw!! Love the pinks you've chosen, and that fun striped dp. Great card my friend. Love it!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect CASE of Lynn's card! Such a clean and graphic design. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card to CASE and a great card you made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous CASE Ardyth - love your use of the black and white striped element.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you interpreted Lynn's card, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I share your admiration for Lynn! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is gorgeous and so totally "Lynn"! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've captured the lovely Lynn's style brilliantly, Ardyth ... with just the perfect touch of you! It's fabulous! Hugs & bisous, bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.