Saturday, 13 June 2015

Happy Birthday, John!


Today is our nephew's 10th birthday. I came up with this design when making a card for one of Kate's friends last week (see below). I used the Papertrey glasses die to create sunglasses and then masked a yellow/orange circle behind it. I think that works for a couple of reasons - one it looks like a sun. It also looks a bit like a face with the glasses on it. And finally it just adds some fun, bright colour.

I love the 'spectacular' pun (Technique Tuesday) and finished the sentiment with Lawnfawn's Harold's Alphabet. The 'shine' on the lenses came from my white distress marker.



12 comments:

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your innovation never ceases to amaze me, Ardy! This is - in the words of Adam and Henry (fellow ten-year-olds) - COOL!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Lara said...

Now that is just genius Ardyth.

Kristie Goulet said...

These are awesome! LOVE!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

OMGosh- how cute are these glasses! Perfect for a tween~

Cindy H. said...

This is such a fun card! Love it!

Bobby said...

I'd say this is just spectacular, Ardyth. ;)

Sharon Jones said...

Your inspiration never ceases to amaze me, Ardyth! These cards are gorgeous...and love the sparkle on the lenses...nice touch!

Anita in France said...

Cool with a capital C, Ardyth ... and completely awesome! Bisous, Anita :)

Geri said...

At first glance, I saw a face...then I saw the sun with a face! Totally fun and "cool"!

Jen W. said...

I don't know why this card cracks me up so much but I LOVE it! It's just so darn happy! :D

Brenda said...

Oh these cards are spectacular Ardyth! Pun intended! lol love those large sunglasses, and wondered how to use them when they first came out at PTI. I love how you have used them, and I love the yellow "sun". Hugs, Brenda

Joyce said...

Fantastic design for those cards.