Thursday 28 May 2015

Teacher Thank You Cards (1&2)



After 12 years of being involved in my kids' elementary school, I'm finally 'graduating' (along with Kate, who will go to middle school in September). Over the years I have volunteered in all sorts of ways for all sorts of activities and have been the School Council Chair and Treasurer for most of the time. This is going to be a big change - we have built relationships with staff and teachers that we will remember for ever!

I decided to make sets of 3.5x5 thank you cards for Kate's teachers and of course, have left it quite late. So I'm relying on a lot of you to inspire me with beautiful but simple designs for these cards.

The first card was inspired by this card by Shelly. I used the 'other' CFC flower and die from the set and left it white (I actually shaded it with a very, very pale grey and coated it with WoS, which is very shimmery and pretty IRL).

My iris card was inspired by Joyce's card here. I really put my MISTI to good use with this - it made stamping multiple cards with lined-up stamps a breeze! After I stamped the flowers, I used the matching die to make a mask out of Post-it tape so that I could lightly sponge Tumbled Glass around the big iris blossom. SO much easier than the fussy cutting I did for this card!

On another note, I want to thank those of you who have noticed that the latest OCC has a very familiar name! I love the colourful logo and of course I am partial to the way they've used the word MASK in it (although my MASK has personal meaning and is not related to any cardmaking techniques). I have really gotten a kick out of seeing some of you mention my name in connection with it - so nice to feel known and loved in our little part of blog land!

8 comments:

  1. This is my mission for this weekend is to get teacher card sets made. Hoping to give my MISTI a work out. Your cards are gorgeous and a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these teacher thank you cards Ardyth! Not sure I am feeling the love to make those this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Middle School? Already? Hard to believe!

    Gorgeous cards! Love the bold pops of color! The black outline on the top flower really works to highlight the pretty green leaves. Beautiful subtle blue shading around the Iris!

    "so nice to feel known"....are you kidding me? You're famous in blog land!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Middle School? Already? Hard to believe!

    Gorgeous cards! Love the bold pops of color! The black outline on the top flower really works to highlight the pretty green leaves. Beautiful subtle blue shading around the Iris!

    "so nice to feel known"....are you kidding me? You're famous in blog land!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are beautiful Ardyth and I'm sure the teacher will appreciate them very much! I too volunteer in our elementary, intermediate, middle and high school. You make wonderful friendships along the way as well as memories. I wouldn't trade my volunteering for anything! Then I went to work at my elementary school and I loved my job, still many more wonderful memories added. Enjoy this time as it will be over way to fast. I can't believe my 6 boys are all grown and all married by my baby, who is only 19, and not sure how he got to be 19 already! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impeccable, Ardy! These are magnificent! Knowing how you make hundreds of cards at Christmas, I was still shocked when I first read that you were making 3,505 cards for the teachers! Time to visit the eye doctor I see! As for Mask-erade, you've been known and loved in our corner of Blogland now for years ~ way before they came up with YOUR moniker!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two absolutely fabulous cards...but your second one with that gorgeous iris is over the top stunning. The colors are so beautiful...gotta love MISTI!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply lovely, Ardyth ... those teachers are so lucky getting such gorgeous sets! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.