Thursday 13 November 2014

CTS100 - Peace


Today is CAS(E) This Sketch's 100th Anniversary! Remember way, way back? I was on the CTS DT from Challenge 8 to 28.

Chrissy has invited all of us who've been on the DT over the years to help celebrate and participate in this very special challenge this week. Pop over for all the details and for loads of inspiration! Here's the sketch:


I chose a neutral colour scheme to create a peaceful feeling. I cut a square of Doodlebug DP and adhered it directly onto my white cardbase. I cut another square and then cut a curve out of one side to create the shape of the sketch. I stamped a Verve sentiment in Smoky Slate and popped the white panel up for some dimension.

I hope you'll get a chance to join in the fun!

20 comments:

  1. Ardyth, this is fabulous! Love your take on the sketch, your card is so cosy, soft, feminine, even fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CAS with such a beautiful and unique design, Ardyth. I just love it.

    Thanks for you nice comment on my Veterans Day card. It is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting to have you join CTS100 and I LOOOVE your take on the sketch! So peaceful. So tranquil. So Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely and calming, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! :D Loving that you only you used gray and white, but it still looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fabulous to have your join us for the 100th CTS, Ardyth! Your card is so pretty -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This design truly has a soft, gentle feel to it - fabulous, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The simplicity of your card is outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always such a clever way to look at a sketch, I bow to you, you are a master Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a creative YOU take on the sketch, Ardy! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and beautifully executed Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your take on the sketch, Ardyth! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool take on the sketch Ardyth! I love the snowflake paper, so pretty and your sentiment color matches perfectly to the snowflake paper. Love, love! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, it is so very peaceful, Ardyth ... it's almost as though all those yummy DP snowflakes have come to rest on the deliciously snow white curved panel! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A subtle color combo paired with a simple sentiment and softly curved edge = perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous CAS card Ardyth! Stunning in it's simplicity . . . I had trouble with my entry! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ardyth, you have this amazing way of making me look at a sketch in a totally different way and I LOVE it! This is the coolest take on the sketch ever and I'm SO glad you came back to hang out with us this week.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.