Thursday 2 October 2014

FC41 - Midchallenge Inspiration


Here's my midchallenge card for the current Festive Friday challenge, where our inspiration comes from this rustic photo:

I used the same Stampin' Up wreath as I did for my card last week, but this time stamped it tone-on-tone (Mossy Meadow) to get the rich colour and dimension in the photo. I used the matching dies to cut it out. Then I chose various little sentiments that would fit down the side and finished with cherry die-cut dots (from a dot border die), coated in glossy accents.

The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday at midnight - hope to see you there!

ETA: Whoops! I posted a little early! The rest of the DT and the Festive Friday blog will be up after midnight.

9 comments:

  1. I'm wowed again by your card inspired by a photo. The varied sentiments/fonts are put together so attractively. The wreath is just gorgeous - love the tone on tone and the red berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love your wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous take on the inspiration photo Ardyth! You are so clever with these photos. I have this stamp set so will have to CASE your card when I make my Christmas cards. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment panel :) cool design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with being first to the party...you get first crack at all the really good appetizers!

    Fabulous card! Love the glossy accents on the berries and the earthy goodness of kraft and forest greens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty "classic" Christmas card. So very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, you were early and I'm late, ... does that mean we can average it out?? The dimension from the tone on tone stamping is fabulous on the wreath, Ardyth ... those domed Glossy Accented berries are so perfect! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sentiments down the side - almost a mini subway style panel. :) And whoop whoop for glossy die cut dots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tone on tone. It's so clean and crisp. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.