Monday 1 September 2014

OLS9 - Hip to be Square


I'm the hostess for September's One-Layer Simplicity Challenge and it's a fun one (if I do say so myself!)

It's called Hip to be Square and all you have to do is make a one-layer card that uses at least one square in some way.

I love to make square cards, so that's one. I stamped a Papertrey square stamp 4 times (five), making another square (six in total). To offset all those straight lines, I chose a curvy 'handwritten'  Ali Edwards sentiment that was big and bold. I centred it over the colourful square and stamped it in black, to ensure that the sentiment takes centre stage over the pattern.

This challenge will run until midnight on September 24. Hope to see you there!


12 comments:

  1. Another simply gorgeous card Ardyth each time I visit your blog I find another stamp to add to my wish list!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Ardyth, just gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I'm inspired, so no excuse not to play along!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design is so cool - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another crisp design - love your graphic style! The bright coloured squares and lovely sentiment are the perfect combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool Ardyth! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This design is just perfect. And, what an fantastic idea for a challenge--especially coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, your card inspired me so much I think this was the fastest I have posted!!! Thanks for all that you do Ardyth!!! It is so enjoyable seeing your creativity every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, amazing card. Love the colorful squares within a square. Very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colourful squares and I now have to buy this set I have ignored for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, sooo behind, Ardyth ... I'll be back a few times! Gorgeous, graphic, bold ... and such a fantastic idea for OLS! Need to play along! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.