Saturday 6 September 2014

Muse 83 - Merci Beaucoup!


Here's my take on this week's Muse, where DT member Vicki Dutcher gave us this card as our inspiration:


I focused on the colours (pink black white) and the vellum. I got all excited about the watercolouring and decided I would try my hand at it. I inked up the Papertrey Dot Spot stamp with Pixie Pink, rock'n'rolled it in Pink Passion and then spritzed it with water before stamping it. I thought it would be all smooshy and artsy, but now I think it just looks like it was badly stamped! lol!

Oh well, I stamped my Impression Obsession sentiment in black over top and not quite straight so that my square panel would be skewed a bit when the sentiment was placed straight on the card. I added a layer of vellum and some sequins.

I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us - the deadline is on Monday morning at 8 am EDT. At that point, you can vote until Tuesday morning at 8 and then the voting results will be posted on Tuesday at noon. Remember, you're the ones who choose the winners for this challenge - even if you didn't link up, you can vote! 

11 comments:

  1. I just adore the inspired cards you make. You can always tell you were inspired, but the concept is always different! Such talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sequins...they add the perfect extra touch Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this with the vellum bg mat Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought to make the vellum into a mat, Ardyth! Absolutely breath-taking! Love the concept you used from your inspiration, also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cracked me up Ardyth! Your stamping does not look like it was badly stamped. I love it!! The vellum mat is genius, I love that stamp and love how you have it looking like you used two different colors of ink. The bold black sentiment is just perfect. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI!!!!!! Back in the saddle again, and wanted to tell you how gorgeous this is! LOVE those pinks, and it does look water colored! Really pretty card. Great CAS tribute to Vicki's card. : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vellum panel - adds a cool element and it's easy to attach with the top panel! Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only you would think it's badly stamped. I think it looks great and tilting the panel is so daring of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, LOVE that sentiment too and your sequins, wondrous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favourite PTI sets ... and such a brilliant technique, Ardyth! Love the gradation in colour ... it does look softly watercoloured ... delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Dot Spot, and what a fun and artsy way to use it. It looks great with a sentiment stamped right on top.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.