Friday 19 September 2014

FFC40 - Mid-challenge Inspiration


Here's my mid-challenge card for the current Festive Friday challenge, where our inspiration photo is this lovely shimmery pink scene:



I focused on the shimmer and colours - I used my Frantic Stamper tree dies and a beautifully ornate sentiment from Waltzingmouse, embossed in silver on vellum. To attach the vellum, I used a trick I learned from a Jennifer McGuire video - I put glue behind the elements that were glued to or embossed on the vellum. This resulted in some warping, as you can see, but it has since settled down.

The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday September 24 at midnight - see you then!

16 comments:

  1. Oh Ardyth this is simply stunning!and as I was playing catch up saw that you have stepped down from the card concept while I can understand ,I for one will miss your beautiful creations!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty Ar! Definitely a perfect card for our youngest sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love this card. The pink is breathtaking! The swirly sentiment is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a pink stunner! Just gorgeous and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Ardyth! A very favourite card to me. Love the vellum and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the silver embossed sentiment. Fabulous Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that silver sentiment on the pink! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magical, Ardyth ... the embossed silver on vellum with the pink trees is just beautiful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous with that flourishy sentiment, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty pink trees paired with the stunning sentiment...swoon-inducing. Absolutely gorgeous...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, love this card, looks so fantastic in these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking, stunning, gorgeous, unpredictable (love the pink trees), elegant (the embossed greeting), sooooo perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these natural trees on pink, vellum and silver - what a lovely mix!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You knocked this challenge out the park Ardyth! I love, love this pink shimmer card. Those trees look amazing as does the embossed sentiment. I love that you did it all on vellum, which really gives the "frosty, shimmery" look to this. Awesome! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.