Tuesday 30 September 2014

CASology 115 - Chocolate


This week's CASology Cue Card is Chocolate!



I decided to use only a chocolatey colour for my card (I guess the cake might be chocolate, too!). I used a Stampin' Up birthday set and left the image un-coloured. This results in a card that has a very airy feel because the white space 'shows through'!

I have started something new for popping up my image panel. I find that my foam tape 'shows' through (a bit like joists sometimes showing through a white ceiling). So I figured I would open my ever-expanding white scrap drawer and just layer the front panel with 2 or 3 squares of cardstock slightly smaller than the top panel. It really isn't much heavier than it would have been if I'd used the foam tape, but the look is better (in my humble opinion!) and it's using up scraps!

And now it's your turn - I can't wait to see your sweet creations!


21 comments:

  1. Love the idea of how you are adding more dimension. And the air does shine through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour, the sentiment, the simplicity....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake is definitely chocolate with white frosting and some dark chocolate scroll frosting in the edge. Mmm! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very chic and tasty! And thanks for the tip on using paper to get the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The outline image is great for a CAS card. Just your style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tip about the outlined stamp. It opens up possibilities for me because I often don't use my open stamps because I'm too lazy to color. Love the chocolaty look of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, it's a light, airy and calorie free chocolate cake ... in a real chocolate box ... oh the indulgence! Fabulous, Ardyth, so perfectly CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool way to showcase your cake, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, what a yummy design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card...love the cake stamped in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it when I see stamp in colored, this one is perfect for it!!! Super Ardyth, I always enjoy your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun birthday card Ardyth! I am loving the chocolate and white together. It sure gets one in the mood for some chocolate cake! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you clever girl! This is a brilliant idea! The foam tape does show through, especially when using a lighht box!

    Definitely airy! Great choice of sentiments as 'birthday' seems to have that same 'airy' feel!

    Now I want a chocolate...so I'm off to the crisper to search for some chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like 'aired'. It looks great, and that thick chocolatey border is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely white space and the color chocolate on the sentiment cake and the card under the white paper...I love your CAS card Ardyth...see you soon maybe on my chocolate card dear Ardyth..big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ardyth, I do love the chocolate border and uncolored cake image...very CAS and airy. I also love the tip re: layers of card stock, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the chocolatey colour and uncolored cake - CAS perfection and also good for a guy. Clever idea with cardstock scraps versus foam tape. I like that this allows for varying heights on the popped up panel.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.