Sunday 27 July 2014

Happy Birthday, Geri!










Today is my friend Geri's birthday! Lately, Geri's been off climbing mountains in Peru and checking out Machu Picchu with her daughter (can't wait to see all the photos!).

Anyway, I hope she slept in today, because I'm a little late to her party! Bev is hosting (and you should see all the lovely men she's invited!!) and somehow, in my butterfly frenzy, I completely forgot to make a card for Geri. Of course, I could have said that any one of those was for Geri, but I would have known that I hadn't actually made it with her in my mind.

So I went back to some inspiration I had from Winnie & Walter. Their logo and visual identity catches my eye every time. The almost-rainbow of colours (no purple) in that wonderful font and the black script - YUM!



I used MFT's monogram alphabet and a Dark Room Door 'happy birthday'. And since I knew this one would be going in the mail to Geri ASAP, I figured I'd make another one to keep and admire for a while longer. This one I matted on black for a slightly different look.



And then finally, I changed it up and made the 'happy' colourful and used a Simon Says Stamp 'birthday'.




14 comments:

  1. How fun that you did three incarnations of this awesome design, Ardy! I think Geri is definitely sleeping in, so she'll never know and she'll adore the special card you made for her. You two "graphic girls" are peas in a pod!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh ... such bliss, Ardyth ... a trio of different and equally delicious graphic delights ... Geri will love every little bit of each of them! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her birthday is all day, and I'm guessing that she's got lots of cards to check out - you weren't late, you were right on time! And with three beauties too! Each is brilliantly happy. Love all the colors and the different looks. She will adore each and every one! I know I do!!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fabulous, as are alllll your cards! You do beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! The colours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I absolutely adore my b-day card (as well as version two & three).

    Totally in awe of the PERFECTLY STAMPED overlapped letters!

    You girls sure did make my day sparkle! Thank you from the bottom of my mountain climbing exhausted heart! (I hope to have some pics posted within the next day or two)

    MWAH

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful, and I love them all. So interesting to see your creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are so fun Ardyth! I love how you got your inspiration and I love how the cards turned out. I'm sure Geri will love her's too! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...both of your cards are fabulous and I love all the bright colors too. I am sure that Geri will be over the moon excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colorful block letters combined with the black cursive words. I particularly like the black panel behind the sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours on both, makes bright cheerful cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love hearing how you get your inspiration Ardyth - this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.