Saturday 5 July 2014

Fusion - Poppy Thanks!

Click to link up to Darnell's Birthday Party before July 16.


This is my card for the current Fusion Challenge.


I decided to combine the sketch and the photo and came up with this graphic thank you card.  I used Simon Says Stamps flower dies to create my poppy and a Paper Smooches thanks die.

We visited Struan briefly this afternoon. He's done 19 flights so far and is really enjoying himself. Today he'll be learning how to recover from a spin. Well I certainly hope so! And in the next day or so he'll be doing his first solo flight.

Interesting fact - in a field near the gliding club, they breed/keep bulls for bull fighting (I have no idea where any bull fighting is done in this province, but now I know where they get the bulls!). The kids have been told that if they end up landing in a field with a bull (this is definitely not the desired outcome!), stay in the glider until someone comes to get you. We don't want angry bulls running after the air cadets!

16 comments:

  1. Three cheers for Struan! Wow! What an incredible accomplishment for one so young! I bet he can hardly wait for his solo flight. I'm thinking that you can!

    Awesome card - great bold design! Cool poppy!

    Bull fighting in Canada? Had no idea! Great advice for Struan - I can't imagine that these aggressive bulls would take to kindly to anyone invading their territory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I'd be trying not to think about the bulls. So glad Struan is having an amazing time. Your card is gorgeous Ardyth. So glad you could play with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous CAS inspiration Ardyth! So happy you joinined in the fun @ FUSION :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is an awesome card Ardyth! I love the fun colors from the inspiration photo and I love the sketch design lines. This made for one beautiful card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous for Struan, Ardyth ... what an amazing adventure he's having (without the bulls that is!). Your card's beautiful and bold, gorgeous and graphic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this! Love the simplicity and the great colors. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Ardyth! Perfect fusion! I hope Struan doesn't land in that field with the bulls. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this card. and how great for Struan!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning fusion of the photo and graphic, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bright poppy Ardyth! great job using the Fusion Sketch - I can never get a design done that involves a triangle for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAS and pretty as always. Love your card. Thanks for playing along at FUSION and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool for Struan to be flying, hope he don't need to land amongst the bulls though.

    It's an amazing card with fabby colour combo.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. SIMPLY Adored!!! LOVE this!!

    Thanks for sharing with us Ardyth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an eye-catching card!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.