Friday 25 July 2014

FFC36/Holiday Inspirations Group - Christmas in July


Hot summer days are the perfect time to stay indoors and focus on cooler days by making Christmas cards! And that's just what the Holiday Inspirations Group has done!

We're making projects we like, using products we like. Be sure to check out all the blogs. Some of the ladies are offering prizes!!


Ardyth Percy-Robb (that's me!)


This card is also my mid-challenge inspiration card for the current Festive Friday challenge where our inspiration is this photo:


I focused on the grey-ribbon-wrapped gifts and the snowflake cookies. I created my ribbon with the MFT Grosgrain texture plate and nestled my little Stamps of Life sentiment in between the arms (is that right? arms?) of the stacked and glittered snowflake die cut.

The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday at midnight. Hope to see you there!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And until you mentioned it, I thought it was actual ribbon. Just lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one does beautifully CAS like you. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grosgrain texture plate? Wow...that is so cool...I thought it was ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! Love the gray ribbon with the sparkly snowflake - elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I just HAD to have that grosgrain ribbon die and how many times have I used it? Sigh. Thank you for this brilliant inspiration, as always!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card - so simple and clean and yet, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the simplicity of this one Ardyth! That little joy sentiment looks so perfect-it gives a sentiment but doesn't take center stage. Love that snowflake!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously beautiful CAS Christmas card - love it! I thought that was ribbon too - how fabulous! Thank you for the inspiration Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I have never seen that grosgrain die - it's awesome. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the neutral shades with that pretty snowflake. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So chic, so elegant, Ardyth ... another stunner! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.