Friday 18 July 2014

FFC36 - Joyeux Noel


Time for the next Festive Friday challenge! Here's the inspiration:


I combined a number of the elements in the photo - the silver frame (I created it with embossing powder so that it would match the rest of the card), the branch with silver ornaments (I used a Penny Black stamp) and the 'Noel' on the table. I popped up the sentiment to mimic the mantle shelf. 

ETA - the 'frame' is a separate layer of white cardstock. I smooshed my Versamark ink around the edges and then embossed it (twice) with silver ep. I adhered the white 'tree' panel on top, so the rough edges of the frame are hidden.

This is another one of those really amazing photos - it appears simple, but the more you look at it, the more inspiration comes to you! Meredith is really talented at finding these photos! I can't wait to see where this one takes you! The deadline is Wednesday July 30.



10 comments:

  1. I'm staring at the frame you created...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you create the border? Did you mask or was there a stamp involved? Very pretty card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful, Ardyth ... and so touchable! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is an elegant card Ardyth! The silver frame that you embossed and the tree is just gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stunning, Ardyth! I think it's got to be my very favorite Christmas card by you. So elegant. Absolutely LOVE this. Hope your weekend is wonderful. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh cool- awesome idea on the frame. Thanks for answering my question Ardyth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your silver tree and framing!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.