Thursday 5 June 2014

Muse #70 - Thanks!


Here's my card for this week's Muse Challenge, where the lovely, talented Vicki is our Muse this week with this card:



When I first looked at Vicki's card, I saw my card. When I looked again, I saw lots more. Decorative corners, fishtail ends, sponging, popped up layers, mixed fonts. There's probably even more but I still saw my simple little card, so I went with it. What I'm saying is that often there's a lot more inspiration in something than you see in your first glance.

I used (again) this Paper Smooches thanks die in Midnight Muse, inlaid into my Aquamarine strips. (see below for an inlaying tip). I popped up the panels with foam tape for some dimension.

I hope you'll have a chance to play along with us at Muse this week - the deadline is Monday morning at 8am EDT. At that time, you can vote for your top 3 favourites (even if you didn't link up a card) until Tuesday morning at 8 am. The voting results will be posted at noon on Tuesday.

Inlaying tip (you probably already know this, but it felt genius to me!) Once you've cut the panel that you plan to put the die back into (aquamarine here), put a piece of tape on the back, with the sticky part showing through. When you lay your die cut (Midnight Muse here) back in, there's a nice sticky spot for it so it will stay in place.

12 comments:

  1. Loved your card, especially the colors. I never get tired of seeing inlaid words. It's simply beautiful. Thanks for the tip about the tape. I didn't know that and it sure sounds crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me think.... "why didn't I think of that!"
    fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the inlaid technique - thanks for the tip. Your card is a wonderful take on the inspiration. Your creative ideas are so many and varied :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip! I'm one of those you hadn't heard this clever idea!

    Great card - clean, simple, graphic and a HUGE WOW factor...I think it is the color combo!

    Switch up the sentiment and this would make the perfect guy HB card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the inlaid technique and I love your card! The color combo is just beautiful. Thanks for the tip too! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card--I can see the inspiration card in it, and I can also see 'you'. You made it your own. I did not know about the tip you shared, so thanks for that little tid bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ardyth, I love this take on the Vicki's card. Nice and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you can pare down the elements of a card and bring them back up to your own unique style! And thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and enjoyed your tip, Ardyth - I go one step further by using a scrap of embossed cardstock, too - perfect amount of lift without using dimensionals =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple is good. Love your take on the Muse! These colors are gorgeous together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple, crisp and so stylish, Ardyth ... love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Ardyth :) I know we cant vote for you but i would you nail it every time xx

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.