Friday, 20 June 2014

FFC34 - Sparkle!



Time for the next Festive Friday challenge! We have a really whimsical, pretty inspiration photo this time. Another one with lots and lots of details so you can choose to go in lots and lots of different directions!



I focused on the golden tree with all the pretty ornaments. I inlaid a glittery gold Simon Says Stamp tree into a circle panel (to pick up on the 'world' on the wall) and then a Memory Box sunburst die to get the different-sized dots for the ornaments, cut out of various glitter papers.

Now it's your turn - even now as I look at the photo again, I see more and more little details that could easily inspire a card! I can't wait to see how you all interpret this photo!

The deadline is Wednesday July 2 - hope to see you there!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Love, love, love this card Ardyth and I have that die...feel a CASE coming on over here.

Marianne said...

Love this!

Gail Grace said...

So beautiful and retro, reminds me of my Grandmother's tin Christmas tree. Love the colors, too. Your post put a smile on my face when i scrolled down and saw your photo, reminded me of our childhood felt and sequin Christmas stockings. I love your style and though this is my first comment, you have been an inspiration since i found you through pinterest. I look forward to your posts in my inbox- thank you and again, beautiful cards.

Kristie Goulet said...

So perfect, Ardyth! LOVE!!!

Brenda said...

Wow, I love your interpretation from the inspiration photo Ardyth!! The tree is amazing and I love the colors you pulled out of the inspiration. Very cool Christmas card!! Hugs, Brenda

Deepti said...

Love this ! Dots are perfectly representing the ornaments on the tree :)

OH Babs said...

Beautiful Christmas tree. Adorable toddler Ardyth.

Tracey McNeely said...

Ardyth I love your card, that tree looks good when it is all dressed up!

Geri said...

Love it!!! Truly a fun & whimsical feel with the sparkle & shine of this cool Christmas color combo!

I think this may be my next Christmas color combo...I pick a different combo each year and decorate based on that.

Shelly said...

Simply, GORGEOUS!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Ardyth, you blow me away, every single week! I just love your super clean take on such a fussy photo, and you used all the colours so beautifully. You have such a keen eye my friend!

Anita in France said...

Such glittery, glisten-y gorgeousness, Ardyth ... so delicious! Anita :)

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE the modern tree, so COOL!!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

I LOVE this card, a perfect combination and dispersement of the colours. Awesome.