Tuesday 25 March 2014

Muse 60 - Happy Birthday!


I was so excited when Lyndal sent me her card for her week as Guest Muse.



I don't know that we've ever had such a dramatic, atmospheric Muse before. The rich colours broken up by the white trees just really spoke to me and I really can't wait to see where it's going to take all you Muse participants!

Here's where it took me. I glued strips of Night of Navy (yes, it looks black), Brilliant Blue (I'm down to my last few scraps of this old but retired favourite!), Tempting Turquoise, White and Summer Sun to a white card and then used this Papertrey Happy die.  I cut it out a couple more times in navy, so that I could pop it up. I finished the card with a gold-embossed PTI sentiment.

ETA - for Janelle - the glitter is just Stardust stickles carefully applied and 'smooshed' with my finger to take a bit of it off.

I hope you'll find time to play along with us! The deadline is Monday at 8:00 am eastern. Voting starts at that time and goes until Tuesday at 8:00am and results will be posted at noon on Tuesday.

28 comments:

  1. CAS plus. Score 110 of 100. This really is a happy card for a happy birthday. Love the colors and the sparklies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Irish Cherokee: this is an exponentially fabulous take on Lyndal's card. Stunning!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - love your interpretation of Lyndal's amazing card! The letters seem to mimic the trunks of the trees perfectly. Love the glitz too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic. Those colours are so intense now you've condensed them. Love the glitter too! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you were inspired to make your own FABULOUS creation Ardyth! Thanks for having me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretation of the inspiration card! Love your colors and design and the sparkle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers...such a clever cool interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've completely blown me away with this card, my friend! I love how you can take your own flavor from any inspiration. This is beyond fantastic. Totally and completely love this. : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card! will you share how you got the glitter onto the letters, please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your description of Lyndal's card - you have definitely captured the mood & colors on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is stunning! Love those colors and the glittery accent. I also love when my favorite designers post birthday cards on my birthday! Lol! A virtual thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE how you've done the happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a happy card! I love the stripey effect of the stacked "happy" sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sparkly Happy with the embossed birthday is a spectacular combination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...really what else can I say, this is just one amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just stunning Ardyth :) I absolutely love it.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love this! Outstanding take on Lyndal's card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just LOVE this. The sparklies, the color combination, the stripes on the word die cut, ALL of it is amazing! :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome, Ardyth ... and stunning ... I adore the glittery 'Happy' paired with the perfect gold embossing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the glitter and embossing. It gives this CAS beauty so much interest and dimension. FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent! I love the build up on your letters!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A drop dead clever take on Lyndal's card, I really love the striped effect :0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just fabulous. I love how you did the happy--those colors and stickles really make that word and the card, shine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's like a happy little beach! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.