Saturday 15 March 2014

Muse 58 - Happy Happy Birthday!


Phew - a last-minute Muse card for this week! We've had a lovely (except for the blizzard on Wednesday) March break, and Kate and I have been very busy. Most of this week's posts were scheduled and I spent a good chunk of Saturday catching up and commenting and finally creating my take on Therese's bicycle Muse:



I focused on the colour scheme and the placement of the sentiment and image. Once I finished stamping, I gave some thought to how to incorporate something to represent the vertical lines of the woodgrain. I found this embossing folder and partially embossed the panel. I think it provides some balance to all the 'action' on the left side.

There's one day left for you to play along - the deadline is Monday at 8:00 EDT and then you can vote until Tuesday at 8. The results will be posted on Tuesday at noon! Hope to see you there!

15 comments:

  1. Very sophisticated take. Clean and simple. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection Ardyth, love how you are able to break a card down to it's basics and create something so totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic card! I love the way you have CASEd Therese's card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and chic, Ardyth ... a perfect balance between the 'action' and embossing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great 'take' on the Muse card.
    I love how you added some texture with the embossing.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You amaze me....seriously amaze me! I have been sitting at my craft desk for 1 1/2 days with nothing to show for my time! Then I pop on over to your house and ta-da...another stunning clean & graphic beauty greets me at your door!


    Truly beyond spectacular...especially with the partial embossed detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous take on the challenge! LOVE your CAS perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cas card Ardyth - the embossing adds the perfect touch - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, Ardyth, (you're likely tired of seeing me write this, but hey...when the word fits...). Your explanation of how you arrived at your result: brilliant! You've given me much to think about when looking at inspiration cards...Fabulous!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vertical embossed lines on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. I love how the black continues and then is replaced by the pink, and those few embossed stripes on the right just work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing card...love all the happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ardyth ,I love how you interpreted this weeks Muse. Your card is perfect...love the way you stamped the sentiments too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this happy linear design, Ardy! And I'm so glad you had a lot of fun over spring break with Kate!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I love the use of your vertical lines embossing folder! I would never have thought to use it in this way. Sensational!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.