Monday 17 March 2014

IC432 - Packaging of the World


I haven't found time to join in Splitcoast's Inspiration Challenge for a while, but Susan is the guest host this week, (and one of my pins inspired her to choose the website she chose) so I absolutely had to play along!

On the site (Packaging of the World)I found this wine bottle that inspired this dramatic Christmas card.

I love to look at packaging pin boards for design inspiration - they're full of cool ideas both beautiful and functional.  To represent the tree, I used a Simon Says Stamp snowflake die, filed with red bling. I also love the design on the outside of the packaging (the black 'circle' with the red 'cheers') and thought that would make a fun one-layer Christmas card, so I may go back and double dip on this inspiring gift!


9 comments:

  1. Your gold embossing is so crisp and amazing Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Ardyth.It is so reminiscent of the bottle wrapper too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous and gorgeous!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure wish that my eyes could see what your eyes see! This is amazing...AGAIN! Beautifully dramatic with a gorgeous, non-traditional color theme!

    Looking forward to seeing the result of the 'double dip' and the Cheers label!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and dramatic. I love this interpretation and I am with Geri...sure wish that I will be able to get close, if even a smidge, to being able to transpire creativeness similar to yours! So gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so dramatic, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very striking - quite an awesome take on the inspiration image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm playing catch up, Ardyth, so I'm a little delayed in telling you what an awesome card this is ... I adore the drama, the crispness, the bling ... so delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot believe how smooth and perfect your embossing is, Ardyth. That is simply amazing!!! The drama and beauty of your card perfectly reflect the inspiration bottle. Gorgeous!!!

    And thanks so much for that pin. What a fab web site!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.