Friday 28 March 2014

FFC28 - The Light of the World


It's time for a new Festive Friday challenge! Here's the inspiration photo:


It seemed that the obvious element was a pine cone, but I don't have a pine cone stamp so I had to go with something else. I chose to focus on the candle in the jar. Christmas is about joy and peace, but it's also about light. Or The Light, and this Stamps of Life sentiment was perfect for this card.

I built a shaker with a dark brown (pinecone-coloured) frame and little golden beads to represent the jar, and kept it neutral and as uncluttered as possible.

Now it's your turn - the deadline is Wednesday, April 9 - hope to see you there!

12 comments:

  1. Wow this shaker card is gorgeous! I love the sentiment as well. I'm singing in my head now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can take any challenge and make a great CAS card! Those gold beads just won me over, and I love the sentiment around the frame! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shaker design - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm running out of adjectives for your cards. How about stupendous? It's stupendous, Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shaker card Ardyth! Love the candle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your interpretation of the inspiration is beautiful. The candle is beautiful. I love the shaker aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GASP! Absolutely amazing dear friend! Fabulous interpretation of the photo! You're the best...the shaker element is a close second :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the candle and the shaker idea. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a totally fabulous interpretation, Ardyth ... such gorgeous beads for the shaker element and yep, the sentiment's simply perfect! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shaker interpretation card Aryth, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable little shaker, Ardyth! love the gold beads!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.