Saturday 8 March 2014

A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Anniversary Card


Let me refresh your memory about my neighbour, Mrs W. She and I have become good friends in the last couple of years and I've made a few cards for her to give to people, including a 90th birthday card for Mrs M.  Mrs. W's daughter is married to Mrs. M's son, but we'll come back to that later.

A couple of weeks ago in the hairdresser (they meet up there every Friday at 1:00), Mrs M was saying that she couldn't find a 60th wedding card for her friends in England. Mrs W very kindly offered that I would make her one - and then she sheepishly told me that evening, hoping that it would be ok. Of course, I was delighted to make the card and here it is. (60th is diamond, by the way)

Fast forward to yesterday, again at the hairdresser, where Mrs M reminded Mrs W that this week is the 40th (ruby) wedding anniversary of their married children. You guessed it! I now have two commissions to make two cards for the same couple - one from each of the mothers. So tomorrow afternoon, I'll be trying to figure out how to manage this whole thing - two different cards, both good, but the one for Mrs W will have to be just a smidge better, to keep this tricky relationship in balance! Wish me luck!

24 comments:

  1. This anniversary card is stunning Ardyth, the sparkle is beautiful for this diamond milestone. I'm sure you'll create 2 ruby beauties too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt that you can do it, Ardyth! But what stress when 2 friendships hang in the balance! This is a fantastic card by the way! Love the sparkle that speaks of diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Lol...good luck with that smidge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful and I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the 40th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card,your other cards are fab to

    Malika

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much gorgeous sparkle, Ardyth ... just lovely! Good luck with the balancing act cards ... looking forward to seeing them! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and love that story ..look forward to seeing the cards :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what you're worried about - you always create the most stunning cards I have ever seen and every single one is amazing! I know what you mean about having to keep relationships in balance though - I have two wedding cards to make for the same wedding, one from the mother of the bride and one from the sister of the bride - talk about awkward!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck indeed!
    Can it get better thanks this... cause this one is awesome... I'm watching and waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU are an amazing stamper! This is so gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you luck!! And a great card! Enjoy the sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, the die cuts are pristine, love the sparkle.

    I'm sure you'll manage the card balance perfectly, you make such fabby cards.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whatever you do, I'm sure the ladies will love them. After all, when have you ever made a bad card. This glittery gem is proof positive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this card is so elegant with some sparkle too! Only appropriate for a diamond anniversary.

    Have fun with the Ruby cards - looking forward to seeing them both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No need to worry, Ardyth - both your cards will be stunning beyond what either of the ladies can possibly anticipate! They'll be blown away with what you'll present to them! This anniversary card: stunning!! Isn't it wonderful that we can create cards to 'fill in' gaps, and in so doing, make people feel every so special? You're doing exactly that to the nth degree!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this diamond anniversary card, perfect in so many ways and the story behind it is precious! I hope that we will get to see the ruby card...no pressure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how funny! You'll just have to make them very different, right, then they won't be able to tell which one is "better." Well actually, what am I talking about, they will both be stunning I'm sure! Love those PTI number dies. They get so much use over here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun story, Ardyth! This is just perfect for a diamond anniversary...gorgeous card! Sorry to hear about your snow...like you, we've had more than enough...come on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous diamond Anniversary card Ardyth! I know you will work wonders for Mrs M and Mrs W! You cards are always lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ...and I hope that you share the results with us here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent job, as always, Ardy!! Mrs. W must love you to pieces!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.