Saturday 29 June 2013

OLW146 - Splats and Splatters!


This card is for this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge, which is being hosted by Karen. The challenge is to use those super-trendy splat and splatter stamps to make a one layer card. I went 'punny'. This could be a good card to tuck into Struan's suitcase when he goes to Air Cadet camp later in the summer.

For the first time ever, I used Papertrey's Stamper's Select white as a card base. It's lovely and thick and feels substantial enough to be a one layer card. It's not coated, like my beloved Gina K Pure Luxury, so you get a different feel, but overall, I like it.

I used an Inky Antics seniment, Gina K's Lots of Letters, some unknown splats and rings.

14 comments:

  1. Clever funny punny, I love it!

    One of the splats looks like the same one I've used (posting later) from Rubber Stampede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, very clever design Ardyth! Those stamp splats make a big impact :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card, I like how you made the "U" red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super fun and a great card for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card mf...sure he will love it...
    So happy you had a chance to play along. There are so many challenges I would love to do but 'time' is not my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fun, Ardyth. Great colors for the splats, and the black is the perfect way to emphasize the "U". I'm sure Struan will love the little note from mom when he unpacks. You're such a good mommy! Have a great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific "target" card design! Like your colors and all those splats and splatters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the little splats... great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super design Ardyth, love it!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ardyth, i love your splat card. I would love to link up my card to this challenge but can't seem to find where to do it. Can you help please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too cute, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun, punny design, Ardyth ... love those tiny splats scattered around the target! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.