Friday 21 June 2013

FFC11 - Tree


It's time for the next Festive Friday challenge and this time, it's an Element challenge: Tree!

Tree



I love the quilt from the inspiration photo, but decided to go simple and elegant with this one. I cut my tree (it's a black die - I have no idea where I got it, sorry!) from Soft Stone cardstock and popped the negative  up on dimensionals. This  gave a nice spot to fill in with some beautiful red Sprinkles from Annabelle Stamps, some little gold gems and Stampin' Up pearls.

"Random" placement can be tricky. I placed the sprinkles first (I laid them out before I started gluing), then placed the others around, keeping in mind the rule of threes and triangles. But really in the end, I relied on my eyes and my own feeling, too!

I hope you'll be playing along with this challenge - you'll be glad you did when December rolls around. But if that isn't enough motivation, there's a prize available for people who've played in at least 15 challenges! The deadline for our Tree challenge is Wednesday, July 3.

2013 Festive Friday Grand Prize! 
We want to give you even more incentive to stay on top of your holiday card stash, and we also want to encourage you to continue playing with us! Our last challenge will launch in the middle of November, and at that time, we will be offering a $40 Gift Certificate to one of three online shops to one lucky player who has participated in 15 or more of our challenges! Keep the images of your entries handy - you'll need them!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful idea and execution! LOVE this CAS Christmas card, Ardyth! The assorted sizes of pearls and gems are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ardyth - perfect card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous CAS card. I love the perfect placement and sizes of the gems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Ar! This is SOOO lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh!!!! I love it! I need to repeat: I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, that Soft Stone is totally perfect. I can see that I'm going to have to place an order. And your card is amazing. Love the one tree, with all it's shiny baubles. Elegant and beautiful. Love this. Really. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the negative die cut piece and added some pretty bling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Ardyth! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, Ardyth ... so deliciously crisp and festive, just like a frost covered Christmas tree sparkling with baubles ... LOVE IT! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on the challenge, Ardyth! I also love the dimension from popping up the negative space from the tree. And you did a fantastic job in your "ornament" placement. It always takes me forever to do random placing like that. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness, this is such a fabulous card! What a clever idea and all the wonderful bling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful design and so CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great card and it could be done in other colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You own the "CASlicious" prize yet again, my friend! Precise, impeccable, delightful ... everything Ardy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Festive perfection Ardyth! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good eye girl....perfectly placed 'blings'. Love the pearl & rhinestone combo!

    Great job photographing you card to show the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh, love your negative tree! Looks like it's been snowed on. Those random placements always give me a difficult time, especially when you have more than 5 or so items. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I truly love your Free entry, it is breathtaking and the epitome of CAS.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.