Friday 14 June 2013

FFC10 - Vintage Christmas


There's one week left  (ETA - oops - deadline is on Wednesday!) to play in the current Festive Friday Theme Challenge: Vintage



Claire Brennan from Waltzingmouse Stamps is playing along as our Guest Designer, and in her honour, I pulled out my Nutcracker Sweet  set to make this simple, elegant and vintage (I hope!) card.

To make it feel vintage, I used cream rather than white card stock. Then I embossed the Nutcracker in gold and added some red rhinestones to their crowns (and now I'm getting a three kings vibe from this). They  took up most of the space in the main panel, so I decided to put the sentiment (also from this set) in front of them - I love how the placement of the sentiment makes it look like they're holding a bar with a sentiment banner on it!

We all hope that you'll be able to play along with us in this challenge - the perfect opportunity to dig out those 'classic' Christmas stamps and supplies!

Did you see that there's a 'Grand Prize' at Festive Friday? Here are the details, and they're sure to provide you with even more incentive for keeping up with your Christmas cards throughout 2013:

2013 Festive Friday Grand Prize! 
We want to give you even more incentive to stay on top of your holiday card stash, and we also want to encourage you to continue playing with us! Our last challenge will launch in the middle of November, and at that time, we will be offering a $40 Gift Certificate to one of three online shops to one lucky player who has participated in 15 or more of our challenges! Keep the images of your entries handy - you'll need them!


19 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Ardyth.It would be a lovely Christmas card to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at how you can take a classic like gold-embossed nutcrackers and make them look up-to-date, Ardy! It really is awesome how the banner looks like it is part of the original image!! (How is that stamp design company of yours coming along?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The gold embossing on the nutcrackers is gorgeous! Love the detail of the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful embossing and that red border makes ur card so elegant and refined :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant and vintage...fabulous card! Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement on my bog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vintage and clean at the same time. Love your banner idea, they do look like they're holding it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red, gold, cream. Beautiful colors together for a Christmas card. And this is an amazing card. Reminds me so much of the Nutcracker ballet, and how 3 of my grandgirls all danced for it. Lots of detail, but still perfectly CAS. Great card once again, my friend! Love this. Really. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ardyth that is some crazy gorgeous embossing. I love that image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your gold embossed trio of nutcrackers Ardyth! The red jewel in their crowns is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice card. Vintage Christmas is always lovely to see. Part of the reason I enjoy following your blog is Christmas cards all year round! They are probably my most favourite card to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this, Ardyth! Great colors especially the gold embossing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nutcracker meets Three Kings, vintage meets CAS! Love how they're holding the banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. HF You so rock with your cards! I adore the simplicity of this card -- so much so I am going to be CASEing it! To perfect for mailing!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally vintage! I"m sure I saw a card just like this in my old Baba's stash of cards that she saved forever!

    Fabulous how these dudes really do look like they are holding up the banner! Genius!

    Incredibly clean embossing - not an easy task x 3! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So love these festive colours together, Ardyth ... awesome embossing and that banner-holding placement is just brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous ~ a wonderful vintage Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful row of nutcrackers! Your straight lines always amazes me and I love the gold and white!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The different colored gems look great on your gang of gold nutcrackers! Definitely vintage.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.