Wednesday 8 May 2013

Muse 16 - Thank you!


For this week's Muse Challenge. Here's Laurie's card:


IMG_8688

My red circle represents the apple, my yellow panel is embossed with my grosgrain ribbon plate (My Favourite Things - link here) to mimic the ribbon and incorporate the embossing from the ruler, and the sentiment strip represents both the library card (black and white) and the ruler (narrow rectangle on a slant). I'm happy with this - I think it looks like an Ardyth card, but it also has a Laurie influence! I know I would not have chosen these colours on my own, but I really like them together! Thanks Laurie!

I hope you'll have a chance to play along with us at Muse this week. The deadline is Saturday at noon, and even if you run out of time to make a card (we're having GLORIOUS weather here right now and it's tempting to stay outside all the time!), please drop by on Saturday to leave some love on the participants' blogs and to vote for your favourites!

13 comments:

  1. Definitely an Ardythcard! A unique and brilliant CASE of Laurie's fab card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic Ardyth with a touch of Laurie! Love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've taken Laurie's card and given it an Ardyth twist. Love how your yellow strip is wider than the kraft panels. Stunning. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it's you all over. I can actually see the ribs in the grosgrain ribbon. Love that plate even if I can't get mine to emboss as well as your does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly and Ardyth card with a touch of Laurie! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So agree with Lynn's comment, fantastic Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, so completely Ardyth ... and so completely fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a creative take on the muse. And, it looks wonderful--so bold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is simply stunning! I love how you used the yellow in the background, so clever and fun. Makes the perfect thank you card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay Ardyth~
    Here's a challenge for you: who makes that grosgrain ribbon plate you use every once in awhile. All my searches come up empty. And of course I love your card!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your interpretation of the elements on Laurie's card are sooooo classically and beautifully Ardyth! You captured every element perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this Ardyth! The yellow grosgrain background strip really is fantastic with the large red circle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, uh-huh, mmm-hmm, yep, yep ... I totally follow your inspiration! Thanks for providing the map : ) Love that I can see both influences (you and Laurie). What great results!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.