Tuesday 30 April 2013

CASology 42 - Care


This week's CASology Cue Care is CARE!



Well, who cares more than your mom? Or more than you do as a mom? I decided to make a Mother's Day card  for this week's Cue Card. (although this one can't be for my mom, who does not care for hot pink! lol!)

Late last week, I received my new Silhouette Portrait (smaller than a Cameo) which I purchased from my 'local' (2 hrs away) scrapbooking store, Scrappingreatdeals, who is also this week's sponsor (see details on CASology). Fortunately, SGD also has a thriving online business, so while I always drop by when I am in town visiting my parents, for those 'in between' shopping times, shipping works, too!

I was playing around with my new Portrait and ended up with this MOM cut. The symmetry of the word makes for a very pleasing design.

When it landed on my desk, over top of a 4x4 square scrap, I thought - why not?

Because this card is 4.25x4.25, having the word hang over the edges will not prevent it from fitting into a standard envelope. And it's fun because it's different and unexpected. I kept the card clean and simple by not adding any texture or pattern to the colours (the Sour Apple cardstock is slightly textured - Bazzill, I think). Just some Stickles on the edges for sparkle!

Now it's your turn to show us what you care about. Don't forget to link up before the deadline on Sunday at 4:00 CST (5:00 Toronto time).

Here are links to the blogs of the other DT members - drop by to see what 'care' means to them!


13 comments:

  1. Okay....so if you took the plunge...I guess I need to be next. I just cannot be left on the outside, looking in at all the beautiful creations that you ladies are whipping up with this sweet rig!

    Stunning simplicity, nothing else needed other than pops of brilliant color! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ears must be ringing because I've been thinking of you all morning long. Must be the anticipation of seeing what you'd create for CASology this morning. Another stunner! Have to say I love that little pop of green in the "O". Gorgeous card. Love it! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could resist no longer ... oh dear, your poor old Cricut!! Love your trade mark vibrant colours, Ardyth ... they stand beautifully alone, unencumbered and perfectly CAS! Looking forward to seeing what's coming next ... and after that .. and then some! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!
    Enjoy every moment of exploring the the new toy!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those oversized letters, a very different shaped card indeed!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally sold my Cricut with all its bits and pieces so I might [insert waffling here] look at a Portrait! Let me know how it goes. Love this card. Love the big word!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have created another fabulous card, ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card, Ardyth! I'll bet you could make a card just out of those letters (with the fold at the top)...that new toy sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just too cute!!! I agree with you, who cares more for you than your mom...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS MOM card, Ardy! I think I may be one of the Mohicans w/o a fancy machine while everyone else moves ahead with them and with digis. It's not that I am resisting change, it's that I already have so many beautiful stamps and now dies and they need my love and attention for a while longer. In the meantime, I'm glad I have you for a fantastic resource when I finally join the bandwagon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clean, bold, graphic perfection Ardyth - I just sold an almost unused Cricut and worry that if I go for a Silhouette it will also be unused and then I see this beauty. Just love the shape & size, color - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT?! You get a virus and are out of the blogging world for a couple days, and then you find out that Ardyth got a Silhouette!! That's awesome! Look out, world.

    PS. I saw this card right away in your gallery! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these big bold letters-they look fabby and don't need anything else-hope you have fun playing with your new toy :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.