Tuesday 2 April 2013

CASology 38 - Up!




This week's CASology Cue Card is UP!



Any Big Bang Theory fans out there? Remember when Sheldon (super geek) was trying so hard to be cool, and use current slang? He kept asking Penny "suh up?", giving sound to the apostrophe, making it two syllables, and of course, as a result, looking even geekier. We have adopted this saying in our house and often ask each other "suh up?" in remembrance of Sheldon. And get the smart alec answer "a direction" from my teenage son!

For this card, I used Hero Arts  Thought Bubbles (or is it Speech Bubbles), and Ali Edwards Handwritten alphabet from Technique Tuesday. I coloured the space between the outlines with copics, to add some colour to this very simple card front.

Now it's your turn to pony UP.  (I looked it UP, you know  - there are a LOT of UP phrases - cheer up, stand up, line up, tidy up, toss up, bottoms up, ease up, back up) -  plenty of inspiration to get your mojo going! We have a sponsor this week, too - Lawn Fawn is offering a stamp set of your choice - check out the details at CASology!

Don't forget to link UP by the deadline on Sunday at 4:00 pm CST.

Here are links to the other members of the Design Team - go see what they came UP with!





27 comments:

  1. Lol! Love this! You crack me "UP"... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sheldon and I LOVE your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab CAS card Ardyth. I love how you added colour to the bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you clever girl. Say...were you on that show??? No, you're brilliant in REAL life!!! Such a fun card, and you've captured "up" perfectly!!! Love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. You colored that? It looks iridescent and really adds a spark to the bubble. I guess you'd say it makes it "bubble up."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for making me laugh! Great card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great tip about using color on a CAS card...this is so pretty, Ardyth! Wonderful CAS design and I love your fun use of a 'trendy expression' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute card, Ardyth - love the colorful bubble!

    Thank you for choosing my card for last week's HM! I did a happy dance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only you could create such a beautiful rainbow speech bubble outline!!! Just the UP-best, Ardy, the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the funky speech bubble colours! Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a high school teacher so I hear this phrase quite a bit! Perfect take on the cue card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fun card, ardyth... love the colorful speech bubble! and thank you for telling me how much your sis liked my card! that really made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Taheerah is making me watch a Big Bang Theory episode this week before she'll communicate further with me ... so now I'll know what you're talking about too. Even though I'm not in on the joke, I totally love your card! The copics around the edge are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go Sheldon! Go Sheldon! LOVE your cute challenge card! Big Bang LOVED at our house, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another clever card, Ardyth! I love the sparkly multicoloured outline to the bubble, and the touch of shading really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally LOVE this! SO clever and cracked me up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I watch The Big Bang Theory all the time - but missed that one! Love your word bubble design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect card for teenagers! Who doesn't love Big Bang Theory, especially Sheldon?

    Sweet idea coloring the speech bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ardyth, so much color and sparkle in such a tiny space...amazing! Also a fan of Big Bang Theory and Sheldon...your post made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK, I'm culturally deprived... but I still love this CAS beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice thinking and great execution Ardyth, I love your card:0) gay x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your clever take on this and your colorful speech bubble

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that glittery rainbowness!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How did I miss this ... must've been in the great computer crash! Anyway, I love it ... such a yummy and gloriously glisteny rainbow speech bubble! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.