Friday 14 December 2012

Volunteer Thank You Sets




One of the teachers at my daughter's school asked me to make sets of thank you cards for the volunteers she coordinates. This is the last big batch of cards I need to make before the holidays (phew!)

She needed 7 sets, so I made 8, so that I could give one set to her.  I spent Thursday making these sets of cards, which she will need first thing Friday morning as the volunteers start their final weekly shifts before our winter break.

Here's my advice for keeping the process efficient:

1) Start with Stampin' Up!'s precut 3.5x5  notecards - they come in sets of 20 with matching envelopes. They are made of Whisper White, which I generally find to be quite flimsy, but in this small size, they're pretty good. This reduces cutting time.
2) Make 8 each of 10 designs. This reduces design time.
3) Use or adapt designs you've used before. Another reduction in design time. (some of these probably look familiar to you!)
4) Make the designs one-layered.
5) Minimize stickles (they take a long time to dry)
6) KEEP YOUR HANDS AND WORK AREA CLEAN! (don't ask how I know this)

If you want the card recipes, click here to go to my splitcoaststampers gallery, where I've listed all the supplies used.

Happy Friday everyone!


18 comments:

  1. Every single one looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! So professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome...I'll be coming back here for more inspiration on these one layer beauties!! And...uh oh...I'm write there with you on the last bullet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely STUNNING!! Love love love your CAS style here - you are amazing!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ardyth! what a project! wonderful CAS designs on these pretty Thank you's - I'm sure they will be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. Wow. This falls into the category of generous. Thank you, Ardy, SO MUCH for giving us SO MUCH card inspiration in one posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely super! Love the coloured thanks in the block! And I think I can guess how you found it important to keep the area clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My my you have been busy. All these cards are fabulous. But what else did I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, Ardyth! I'm amazed that you have done all these cards and they are all fantastic. Besides that, you comment on everyone's blogs and are on so many design teams. You are amazing and I'm beginning to think you never sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all wonderful, and how nice of you to make so many thank you cards. Each one is different but they are all CAS perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl! Finding the time for that many sets -- yeah - you are organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You amaze me! I'm wondering the same thing as Bonnie...do you ever sleep?

    These are all simply beautiful. Although the designs appear simple, we all know how many hours you must have spent preparing these! Every design is perfect :)

    I love how you presented these photos! How did you make the grid? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been trying to think of a different word than wow ... but it just kept coming back more loudly each time I did ... so WOW! These are amazing, what a totally splendid collection! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my, I have to pin this. I have to say it's not a very useful gift though. How could they send one of these? They would all have to be hoarded!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are awesome! Every single design is beautiful! Love the clean and crisp look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow. wonderful cards! I love the "thanks" one where It forms thanks down the middle of all the "thanks" Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.