Saturday 8 December 2012

Inspired by Happy Dance!



As I was cruising blogs yesterday, commenting on CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch entries, I came across this card by Happy Dance:



I love the her use of the circles and it reminded me of this wreath card I made last Christmas, before I started MASKerade. And that made me happy, because I didn't have time to make a card on Friday (PD Day for the kids, so no crafting time!)

On another note, some of you have been asking me about my Christmas card orders. I made 134 cards for our Church to send to each family (I made these 12 at a time throughout the year, and if you want to see them, you can search using the label Church Christmas). Then I made 80 of these for a friend:



For the message, I used Melon Mambo embossing powder (rather successfully, I think (I was surprised at how well it showed up on the Night of Navy!)) and then I coated the snowflakes in glitter by putting a strip of 2" sticky strip on to melon mambo before cutting the snowflakes with my Cuttle Bug. Then I just peeled off the liner and popped them into the glitter. I used Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABC's - so easy because it's a fun font and straightness is not required! I embossed "from the Taylors" 80 times and then "Merry Christmas" 80 times. Another reason to love that alphabet is that it has 3 r's - someone was clearly thinking about how an alphabet would be used in real life situations!

Here's what my desk looked like:


Now I have 32 photo cards to make for another friend, and about 100 non-Christmas thank you cards for on of the teachers at my daughter's school to give to the breakfast club volunteers. Another busy weekend ahead!

10 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity and openness of this wreath ... and with glitter too ... fab! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ardyth. This is truly what all of our card making and blogging is about - sharing the love we have for our craft. The best part is that it doesn't just stop with us. It goes out to all those people who receive the cards we make. Just so you know, my little feeties are still happy dancing--Ardyth really liked my card! You are an inspiration! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, amazing cards for your friend! And I love the cool wreath card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all of those cards to make, I don't know how you ever get out of your craft room. You did a great job. I'm sure your clients are happy dancing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Ardyth - I love how you use colour and create such unique cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friends must be absolutely THRILLED with the end result! The Melon Mambo embossing is so striking on the Night of Navy cardstock!

    I cannot imagine having to make all these cards...you're a good person for doing so Ardyth!

    Lovely shout out to Bev from Happy Dance...another good person in our crafting family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous CASE - I actually thought of you when I saw the original. :)

    Those are some serious numbers you've been churning out! You are a card making machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It never ceases to amaze me what creations you can come up with using basic shapes! That must be the CAS-est wreath I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are the cards you were busy making ... love the nontraditional colors! What a crazy schedule you have!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.