Monday, 19 November 2012

QFTD139 - Casing Gabby!



I have never played along with Splitcoaststampers' Queen for the Day challenge before. I didn't even really understand what it was, but this week's Queen is my friend Gabby (Gabalot on SCS), and I wanted to honour her by playing along.

I chose this card of Gabby's to case:


I used an Impress line of snowflakes, a snowflake die (sorry, I don't know who makes it, but the metal is coated in paint that is kind of bashful blue in colour, if that's any clue) and a Stampin' Up! sentiment. And lots of Stickles, to make the snow sparkle.

I will also link it up to Addicted to CAS #1 - Snow and CASual Friday, Winter Blues.



Tomorrow's our next CASology Cue Card - and it's a fun one! See you at 9:00!

13 comments:

Bobby said...

Another lovely card. :)

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous shade of blue, and I love the snowflake diecut.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Ardyth. Love the soft blues and the touch of glitter. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sue said...

A beautiful CAS Christmas card and I love that snowflake. Thank you for joining us for the first ATCAS challenge. Sue x

mypapercraftworld said...

Ooh, another fab card ... love the blue and the stickles! Anita :)

Kylie said...

Another beautiful card, Ardyth!! Perfectly CAS! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Purefect CASE, Ardyth. And awesome in the thumbnails at ATCAS as the definitive CAS card!!

Geri said...

This is a really pretty snowflake punch! Perfect for tucking in rows of text, images, etc. between the "spokes/fingers/v's"...(haven't got a clue what they are really called).

Love the Stickles!

Lura said...

Love the card Ardyth - somewhat addicted to dies these days. I don't know for a fact, but your description sounds like a Cheery Lynn die to me. They make a lot of snowflake dies and the pastel painting is just the way they make them.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous use of the negative die cut image and I love the sentiment in the centre!

Bonnie said...

I love this soft blue and the beautiful big snowflake with the row of smaller ones behind it! Beautiful, Ardyth!

Karen B. said...

Wow, a perfect example of a striking CAS card. I love the soft colors too. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Shana Gaff said...

This is the perfect CAS card. I just love everything about it! Thanks for playing at ATCAS!